Question

Does the Home Internet gateway need tk “wake up”?

• 23 October 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge

I’m testing home internet, and only have two devices on it right now. I’m only getting two bars, but from what I’m reading that shouldn’t necessarily cause issues. 

It seems as if, after a bit of time not on my phone, that loading web pages can take forever. Or that going to Twitter will load the tweets, but no images or videos. 

There are times where I’ll run Speedtest and get a “no server found error” and times I’ll get 30-50 download. Inconstancy is the hardest thing to track down!

Appreciate any tips or next steps!

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Bars don't mean much can you post all your reading as in SNR RSRP RSSI…. you know all and the bands too.

Badge

I do not know the first thing of what these mean. Would be happy to read up if anyone had any 5G for dummies resources!

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Take a look.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

I much prefer the web interface over the phone app.

But your 5G RSRQ is ok, your RSRP is total crap, SNR not so great.

4G RSRQ is again ok, your RSRP is again crap, same again SNR not really good.

So based on this you are not getting enough power from the tower. You need to increase your signals power.

I was actually in a much worse situation then you as my power was low and my SNR was really bad so bad I could not even hold the 5G tower.

If you have already tried all the places in your home facing the tower you are left with the same answer I was install an external antenna.

This took me from ok 75 down 25 up to now 700 down 125 up and stays rock solid.

All you need is some parts if you do it right you can get all you need for $150. For me I was paying Comcast well over $150 per month and they were just about to raise my price. So for me to spend $150 to get almost a gig down with no data cap was a bargain.

Badge

I’d give an antenna a shot, but the video I just watched seemed like it’d probably make this device non-returnable. Without calling yourself out, is that pretty accurate?

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

I’d give an antenna a shot, but the video I just watched seemed like it’d probably make this device non-returnable. Without calling yourself out, is that pretty accurate?

No not sure what video you watched as it is reversible and no one would know.

Take out screws, pop off 2 antenna wires, snap on 2 new pigtails (they just go thru the vent holes), install screws, done. You need to send back reverse the process.

If it helps you out Waveform sells a kit but it’s $200 or $219 and you can put it together for less if you buy the parts separately. Especially since they charge $55 for a bracket you can buy on Amazon for $20.