Question

Emergency Broadband Benefit

• 14 May 2021
  • 8 replies

Badge

I am trying to apply for the Emergency Broadband Benefit on the Home Internet service.  I am not able to access my online account via https://www.t-mobile.com/account/.  I have been told by customer service that it will be a couple of weeks before they will have account access repaired.  All of the options to apply for the program lead me back to account login (which I cannot do).  Is there another way to complete the application?  I have already been approved through the Federal program via https://getemergencybroadband.org/.  I just need to get it applied to my T-Mobile account.

8 replies

It took me 9 days and countless hours on the phone with Tmobile.  

I had the same problem.  Mine was eventually fixed by converting my legacy prepayed account to their new prepayed Rebellion account.  This conversion was no simple task.  However once you convert and login there is a tab enter EBB process.

I qualified for the government-subsidized EBB emergency broadband benefit ($50 a month government subsidy), but T-Mobile will not allow me to receive it unless I move from my grandfathered unlimited plan to a limited plan. This is morally and ethically shady business from T-Mobile. They are trying to capitalize on the government subsidy (and my economic hardship) by forcing me to accept a plan that isn't unlimited. 

If I make any change it will be to leave T-Mobile to go to a company that will not have such unethical practices. 

Tell me T-mobile that you are going to fix this. I've already contacted the FCC.

Badge

My experiences:

I've applied but I'm not holding my breath. T-Mobile told me that Lifeline service was not available in my area, while their website says they do. So I'm trying to get that straightened out.  Also signed up for the Emergency Broadband benefit and it's taken 2 calls to try and get that approved. May take up to 2 billing periods before it is applied. So we'll see about that too.

I have a  pretty simple T-Mobile service 1 line Magenta 55+ and TMHI . I’ve been a TMO customer for 16 years.

I originally applied on the 1st Day May 12. I had already gone thru the National Verifier and was qualified for EBB.  Here it is May 29(Now June 2) and I'm still not signed up.  They are making me jump through hoops.  I supplied them with my National Verifier Application ID and was told things were fixed. Now, Telling me I have to have a separate T-Mobile ID to use with my TMHI telephone number, but that's not working. SO they created a trouble ticket.   They 1st told me I was ineligible for the EBB on my phone. which is fine as I wanted the EBB on my TMHI. I can't create a 2nd T-Mobile ID for TMHI as the TMHI phone number is already assigned to my original current T-Mobile ID.   I was straight out lied to, my 2 Indian CSR who were both totally clueless.  I've had TMO for 16 years and I am seriously considering just canceling all my services I'm am so upset with the way they have treated me about this EBB signup. They don't seem to have any system set up for EBB enrollment. And the left-hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Spent 5 hrs and 5 different CSR on Facebook to try and get this straightened out to no avail. They said they will either call me back Monday or Thursday in June.

It seems T-Mobile, Spectrum, and Verizon are all trying their best to deny people on this EBB or put so many roadblocks in front of them or just making up new rules on the fly, they will just give up and go away. I don't understand why they would do this as it's FREE government taxpayer money that is paying for the EBB in the 1st place.

There is nothing on the TMO/EBB website that says you have to have a 2nd TMO ID with your TMHI phone number.  Since Saturday I have been getting this txt and email:

T-Mobile: There was an issue verifying your eligibility to the Emergency Broadband program. Please call Customer Care as soon as possible at 800-937-8997 so we can help you resolve this issue.  I also got a txt telling me a new 2nd Trouble Ticket was opened up on my acct with no notification as what it pertains too.

Badge

Read my post here: https://community.t-mobile.com/tv-home-internet-7/what-i-think-after-months-of-service-home-internet-36178

its been 4 months and I still cant log in to my account.

Badge

Today after being lied to by 6 different CSR people about my EBB eligibility, they now say unless I change my plan from Magenta+ 55 to Magenta ( a $20 price increase)which offers the exact same levels of service as Magenta I am not eligible for EBB.  This is after they lied and told me I needed to create a 2nd TMO id. This was after they lied and said to sign up using my TMHI phone line.  I’ve now had 6 CSR lie  to me or misin form me as to my eligibility.   Once I pay off my phone I’m canceling both my TMO phone line and TMHI service and TMO can go to hell and rot. i’M ALSO GOING TO FILE A fcc COMPLAINT , NOT THAT IT WILL DO ANY GOOD.  Fuck you t-mobile.

TMOBILE has been a nightmare. I have been a customer for over a year and before that I was. Lifelong ATT customer. I am in process of finding another company because of TMOBILE 's inability to help me with my EBB that I was already approved for. It is shameful how Tmobile is treating customers who have lost so much from pandemic! Disgusting! Shame shame shame!!!!

Badge

TMOBILE has been a nightmare. I have been a customer for over a year and before that I was. Lifelong ATT customer. I am in process of finding another company because of TMOBILE 's inability to help me with my EBB that I was already approved for. It is shameful how Tmobile is treating customers who have lost so much from pandemic! Disgusting! Shame shame shame!!!!

I don’t know what you issue is but my problem stemed from the fact that I had applied for lifeline service on my telephone  number back in March way before EBB was available. That application expired on 6/6/2021. The next day I went back to the national verfiier and this time i used my TMHI telephone number for my new applaiction. I then went to the TMO EBB page, it accepted it and within 2 days the $50 credit had been applied .  I don’t know if this will help. but good luck

Badge

I don’t know what you issue is but my problem stemed from the fact that I had applied for lifeline service on my telephone  number back in March way before EBB was available. That application expired on 6/6/2021. The next day I went back to the national verfiier and this time i used my TMHI telephone number for my new applaiction. I then went to the TMO EBB page, it accepted it and within 2 days the $50 credit had been applied .  I don’t know if this will help. but good luck

Could be, but technically the phone number should not matter. I mean, I have my phone and internet through T-mobile and they should know that I’m not going to give my TMHI number as my phone number when I apply for the benefit. No one can call me on that number.