Question

Fix T-Mobile Home Internet

• 4 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

T-Mobile Home Internet is HORRIBLE to setup.  It requires you to use their phone application to set things up and you CANNOT us the web browser to change the setting as noted in the 5G Gateway Manual.  The T-Mobile Home Internet team “removed” this option from the website.  You will see this screen when you go to the default IP address for login.  Which means you cannot do anything online and all have to be done with mobile app.  NOT FLEXIBLE AT ALL!

4 replies

Badge

Spoke to Kim (Supervisor) from T-Mobile, she said T-Mobile supposedly upgrade to make it easier to people to manage the gateway with the phone app and “removed’ the GUI from web browser.  Per image below, there is no “logout” or login via a GUI web browser to anybody to change their network setting. In my opinion, this is not a upgrade and is a downgrade.  Why do you remove this feature from the web when your gateway manual clearly states that people have an option to change network information (name, password), etc. via a web browser.  Also, Kim refuse to accept the manual is “incorrect”; therefore, I strongly advise readying the manual but don’t trust everything it says?  Please see screen shot from the manual and be the judge if Kim is correct or manual is incorrect.

I can still login to 192.168.12.1 on the Nokia GW and change settings. Which one do you have?

Badge

It is the Arcadyan KVD21 Gateway.  Per my review of all three gateway manuals, both Arcadyan and Nokia are supposed to work with GUI via a web browser.  Only the Sagemcom Gateway manual shows it does work with GUI via a web browser for configuring the gateway.  You can see status of the gateway, but cannot configure or modify.  Thanks for the information on Nokia.  I will return mine and ask to allow me to switch to a Nokia because the Nokia is better per review of the manual (has 3 LAN ports vs. 2 LAN ports on Arcadyan and Sagemcom).  Link to gateway manuals below.

https://www.t-mobile.com/content/digx/tmobile/us/en/support/home-internet/t-mobile-gateway.html

> the Nokia is better per review of the manual (has 3 LAN ports vs. 2 LAN ports on Arcadyan and Sagemcom).

My Nokia GW has two ethernet ports.