Question

GlobalProtect VPN issues... like many of you

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

My company just switched to Palo Alto GlobalProtect VPN. I know what that has meant for many of you and now I am in the same boat. I can connect, but that’s about it. Can’t remote desktop, etc.

I called TMO support and was told “at this time, GlobalProtect VPN is a known issue.” In fact, I was told that three times, and each time, I asked if they can push the 168 firmware (currently at 143) to my gateway because for some of you, that has fixed the issue. Support created a ticket for engineering. I’m guessing I won’t hear back.

I really don’t want to do the factory reset to get 168, but may have to.

I will give them a couple of days to get back to me. Xfinity (ugh) has a new intro rate of $29.95 for 12 month for 100Mbps.

For those that have GlobalProtect working with 168, any further issues?

3 replies

Badge

168 was working perfectly for me on GP VPN, however, yesterday my firmware upgraded to 178 and now it no longer works. 

Worst provider and worst customer service, disconnecting my service as the tech support is horrible with no knowledge. Made a mistake by getting their home internet, will not come back, going to comcast now.

“168 was working perfectly for me on GP VPN, however, yesterday my firmware upgraded to 178 and now it no longer works.”

+1

I had some janky steps I could take when it stopped working occasionally even on 168, which no longer work on 178 now

roughly, that was remove wifi network on laptop, power everything off, wait about 30min, power everything on, re-add wifi config on laptop, lower MTU/disable ipv6.

on 168, it would occasionally still lose the ability to function and those steps got it working again.

been fighting with it all day expanding on those steps and adding more voodoo, but nothing has gotten it working again on 178