Question

GlobalProtect VPN not working with T-Mobile

Show first post

32 replies

It took a while, but I finally got my IT dept to lower the MTU for me.  They refused to use netsh for some reason, but they were able to set it through group policy, or maybe it was a registry setting, I forget.  Anyway, they set it to 1350, and everything seems to be working now.

Got my Tmobile Home Internet yesterday and having same issue, will call Tmobile to rollback the firmware for Global VPN fix. Any issues on network speed by rolling back the firmware?

No need to rollback. Update to the latest 1609 version instead.

Yes, called Tmobile and updated my firmware to .1609 and Global VPN works now.
But I do notice that my speed is reduced when connected to the Global VPN, download speed reduces by a factor 2x and upload speed reduces by a factor of 10x. So when working on my remote desktop through VPN connection it is choppy/laggy.
Hoping this is a temporary issue hate to switch back to spectrum as Tmobile is faster and cheaper.  

Just got T-Mobile internet to replace my art 4g internet. Same issue. Will not work with global protect. 

did T-Mobile provide any kind of update. The speed is way better than att but if I can’t use it for work sending back the router and cancelling the service. 

interesting I did ask them about restrictions with vpn’s as I encountered that problem with satellite and they did not raise this issue. 

just curious if the router solved the problem. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

With any luck the new firmware they started rolling out last week will finally resolve the VPN issues.

Now if they could just put a proper dual-stack configuration in place so port forwarding would work....

I’m experiencing this same issue and it seems there are two possible solutions -- 1. Get my corporate IT to drop GlobalProtect’s MTU setting to 1300, or 2) Get T-Mobile to roll back the gateway firmware version to 168 (and turn off firmware auto-updates).

Is one solution better than the other?  Do both?  Go back to Cox?

Advice appreciated,

Superfly

Badge

Got my Tmobile Home Internet yesterday and having same issue, will call Tmobile to rollback the firmware for Global VPN fix. Any issues on network speed by rolling back the firmware?

No need to rollback. Update to the latest 1609 version instead.

Yes, called Tmobile and updated my firmware to .1609 and Global VPN works now.
But I do notice that my speed is reduced when connected to the Global VPN, download speed reduces by a factor 2x and upload speed reduces by a factor of 10x. So when working on my remote desktop through VPN connection it is choppy/laggy.
Hoping this is a temporary issue hate to switch back to spectrum as Tmobile is faster and cheaper.  

Most VPNs adds overhead to the internet connection that usually slows down your internet speed throughput. Maybe ask your work if they can enable split-tunneling for their VPN? That might help with the internet speed throughput reduction with VPN.

I had the same issue as everyone was saying. I called the support, they rolled back firmware version to 0168 on the device. But i still not able to access internet while i am on VPN. I am able to connect but unable to access internet over VPN.