Guest Mode: 3TG00739AAAB - 1.2101.00.1609

• 30 September 2021
  • 12 replies

Badge
  • First activity
  • 0 replies

How do I enable it?

12 replies

The 1609 firmware added 2.4g and 5g Guest networks, but neither the admin or WIFI passwords work to connect to them.  There is also no way to change the passwords or disable them that I can find.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

First do yourself a favor and don't use the app go right to the web page http://192.168.12.1/

There you can easy change the PW or SSID as needed.

Also many have reported that the can they got was not factory default and had a PW set. So if this is the case you would have to factory default the can to get back to a known PW.

I do use the web page.  Guest networks were added by the new firmware, but there is no way to configure them on the web page.  The firmware update didn’t update to the web page, it appears. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

There is 12 SSID’s you can configure 

“Select SSID To Configure” then pick nothing is labeled Guest mode.

I check all the SSIDs and none are labeled Guest.  The mobile app indicates there is a Guest 2.4GHz and a Guest 5 GHz network and also indicates “Note: This is a custom network and cannot be managed in the mobile app.”  They can’t be managed by the web page either. My guess is this feature will be added at some point, just like the “hidden” mesh network that's also being broadcasted by the gateway.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

I check all the SSIDs and none are labeled Guest.  The mobile app indicates there is a Guest 2.4GHz and a Guest 5 GHz network and also indicates “Note: This is a custom network and cannot be managed in the mobile app.”  They can’t be managed by the web page either. My guess is this feature will be added at some point, just like the “hidden” mesh network that's also being broadcasted by the gateway.

Correct that’s what I said “nothing is labeled Guest mode”.

There really is no true Guest mode as it would be on other gateways you have the 12 SSID’s set anyway you like. You want to call SSID 7 Guest mode go for it that’s as close as you are going to get.

The 1609 firmware added 2.4g and 5g Guest networks, but neither the admin or WIFI passwords work to connect to them.  There is also no way to change the passwords or disable them that I can find.

There is a Guest mode, it’s just hasn’t been added to the app or webpage, but IT IS being broadcast by the gateway.  You can verify this by looking at available WIFI networks on computer or mobile device.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

There is a Guest mode, it’s just hasn’t been added to the app or webpage, but IT IS being broadcast by the gateway.  You can verify this by looking at available WIFI networks on computer or mobile device.

I don't have this on mien latest SW do you mind posting a pic of this?

Attached screenshot from T-Mobile Internet app and phone settings (available WIFI networks)

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Crazy I don't have that at all, I have the latest FW and I don't see any Guest broadcast SSID at all.

The Guest networks showed up after the 1609 update on my gateway.  My Hardware Version: 3TG00739AABB and Software Version: 1.2101.00.1609.

The “hidden” 5 GHz mesh network showed up after the 0178 update.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

The Guest networks showed up after the 1609 update on my gateway.  My Hardware Version: 3TG00739AABB and Software Version: 1.2101.00.1609.

The “hidden” 5 GHz mesh network showed up after the 0178 update.

Maybe the HW my original newer can took a dump and they replaced it with a much older 3TG00739AAAA