Question

had great internet service and now it sucks

• 17 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

I am posting this message here because when I call the phone number nobody seems to care that you're about to lose my business. I have been a T-Mobile customer since 2003. I got the T-Mobile home internet last year sometime and it was amazing I was averaging about 200 Mbps. However, the week of Christmas that all changed. At that time my internet slowed down to somewhere between.67 and sometimes as high as about 20. I called to complain and I have spoken with several people in the office. However when I call for tech support what I'm getting is customer service. Everyone I talked to is very nice and they repeat everything I say back to me very nicely as if they heard what I was saying but they are not fixing my issue. The first thing they did was try to replace my gateway since it was almost brand new I knew that wasn't the issue but I tried it anyway. That of course did not work. When I called back and demanded that they do something they figured out that there is an error on my tower and it is requiring an update. They promised me the update would be done within 2 weeks. When that didn't work I called back again they then told me the update would be done within 30 days. I put my foot down and said that was absolutely unacceptable they then assured me it would be done by 11:00 a.m. the next morning. I agreed to this but alas it's still not done as of right now I'm getting about 6.65Mbps. since I work from home this is absolutely unacceptable I'm currently paying for T-Mobile and for CenturyLink since I cannot go without the internet. I was trying to transfer from CenturyLink to T-Mobile because I live in a small town and every time I have an issue with CenturyLink it takes them 2 weeks to get someone out to fix it. I have finally given up and if I don't get a resolution immediately I am going to cancel the account. If you want to save me as a customer I suggest you get someone on top of this.

5 replies

Badge

I finally gave up and canceled my service. I now have Starlink and I am incredibly happy. I was paying for two internet services and neither of them worked so both of them got canceled and now I pay the same amount for Starlink. The cost is not ideal but at least it is incredibly dependable. I can promise you nobody from T-Mobile is paying any attention to what's going on here because in all this time they've never responded to my post. And I called over and over and over again to try and get them to fix my internet with no luck. I recommend you give up and go with starlink. 

Badge

I am having the same issue.  Service was great until Sprint merged with T-mobile.  Having the sanme issue with my phones, but they say there are no service issues.  No way to work from home now.

Badge

Yeah, I don't even need the speeds I was getting. They were amazing but I only need about 50 megabits per second. If I could get anywhere close to that I'd be happy. I think they're going to end up losing my business. Seriously, tech support is not tech support it's customer service they don't have any idea what they're doing and all they do is happily tell me that they'll get it fixed soon. I'm just tired of the crap.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Wow thank you for the information. You’ve been more helpful than T-Mobile. I’m checking out Starlink. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Ohhhh man, I have been dealing with bad internet service since I got the Gateway over a year ago. There’s no local service to assist with this service or lack of. I’ve called to troubleshoot easily 15 times with multiple answers from the Philippines to assist me with outages or tower work here in Washington state. It’s aways the same issue and answer: “Tower work in your area” If that’s true, they don’t bother to inform the paying customer that: Hey, we’re going to work on a tower that will have a profound affect on you business you run from home… 

When I got the unit I was getting 230 mbps download and now it’s been reduced to 4.50 mbps download. They have no answers because T-Mobile is focused on gaining customers and sourcing out issues to people that cannot help. 

How they provide a service with no local assistance is beyond me. The fact that I’m still here is even more beyond me. 

Why I’m venting here? Anyone reading? Anyone that can do anything about it care at TM?