Has anyone figured out how to configure port forwarding on home internet on Nokia modem

• 2 September 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge

I’m trying to setup basic port forwarding rules for cameras as well as RDP access to my computer. The unit is so simple it’s dummy proof to the extreme. I tried calling t-Mobile, but the tech support gave the the website to Nokia and said have at it (Useless support). Has anyone found a different firmware that allows any of these modification or am I out of luck; if so, this thing is going back to T-Mobile!

7 replies

Badge

I got off the phone last night with a technician and he guaranteed me that they are doing a firmware update within the next 24 hr. to update the option to setup port forwarding. Fingers crossed, I’ll keep you guys updated. 

Sounds too good to be true. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

If you just did a search of the topic you would have found your answer. You cannot do it the only way around it is VPN with port fwd and there are a ton of threads on it I just can’t retype it all.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

I did a search for fun and 81 post about this same issue came up.

Badge

I got off the phone last night with a technician and he guaranteed me that they are doing a firmware update within the next 24 hr. to update the option to setup port forwarding. Fingers crossed, I’ll keep you guys updated. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Unless they do something about their screwy XLAT464 implementation for dealing with dual stack (IPv4/IPv6) networks... won't really matter if they give their 5G modem port forwarding capabilities. (by design the core XLAT464 approach does not support inbound unsolicited traffic to port forward through from v4 server-side networks to v6 transit networks to v4 client-side networks).

The white Askey LTE modem supports it via both manual rules and UPnP--but their upstream network topology breaks inbound traffic before it even gets to the modem.

It would be a step in the right direction, but until they put up a PROPER fix for the IPv4 problems with their network, it won't do much for people beyond maybe spoofing devices/applications into thinking they are in a less restricted NAT environment.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

There's no way to configure port forwarding. Please RTFM.

Userlevel 2

What a joke port forwarding, real ipv4, and real ipv6 are a must. This thing mutilates basic internet standards.