Solved

Has anyone gotten the " F451 Error - Unable to link T-Mobile home internet phone number" problem resolved?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I see this has been an issue. Has anyone ever gotten it resolved?

icon

Best answer by batrimmer 17 June 2022, 01:22

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

There is a conversation on this from two months ago, Error F451"our wires crossed" for weeks - when will it be fixed?

See the conversation to get a better idea. I did a quick search online and it seems this have surfaced a number of times for some time.

Also see:

https://piunikaweb.com/2022/02/26/t-mobile-f451-service-unavailable-error-likely-caused-due-to-trackers/

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I saw that link and tried with all blocking off and it didn’t help….so I ask again. Has anyone every solved this issue. It results in not being able to link an account to the phone number of the internet device and also apparently the inability to sign up for perks like Paramount+

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Have you tried removing and reseating the SIM card? 

It actually sounds more like an internal database error for T-Mobile account management. Dont have an answer for you. Best of luck getting one.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I have not….so would I  power off, remove sim, power on, power off, reinstall sim, then power back on? How would this possibly resolve the issue?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

With either the Arcadyan or the Nokia I would say power it down before reseating the SIM card. It is installed into a device that is not powered up. Be safe. If you have the Nokia turn the can on its side so the SIM cannot fall into the slot upon removal. In either case the manuals show the recommended way to insert and/or remove the SIM.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Access the SIM card from the backside of the gateway.

1. Power off the gateway by removing the power cable from the gateway and from the electrical outlet

2. Remove any Ethernet cables connected to the gateway’s LAN ports (LAN1 and LAN 2)

3. Use the finger pull to open the SIM door

4. The SIM card socket supports push-in and push-out installation

5. With the SIM door open, press the pre-installed SIM card into the slot and the SIM card pops out

6. Carefully remove the pre-installed SIM card

7. Insert and press the new SIM card into the slot

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

My neighbor tried to move his SIM to a replacement Nokia GW and had it upside down. I had to dig the SIM out for him and put it into his replacement. If it falls into the slot on the bottom of the Nokia it can get stuck and be a little challenge to get it back out. The Arcadyan seems to be a simpler cleaner solution vs being on the bottom of the gateway.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

But how would this help? The gateway works fine. Tmobile can send me messages to it. The issue appears to be that the TMobile system is not set up to recognize the phone numbers from the internet gateway as a valid Tmobile number for linking to account logins or for signing up for perks

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

When you login do you see the IMEI and ICCID numbers via the management interface? I can’t say it will resolve the issue but you looked at the trackers so just offering another avenue to check. It should NOT hurt to power it down, remove and reinsert the SIM card, and then power it back up just to see. I have seen others make odd reports and after a SIM card is reseated it helped. I have not seen the F451 error in recent posts so just offering something. You can contact T-Mobile or T-Force and see what they can tell you about that error. Maybe more can be found upon Reddit. Lots of T-Mobile postings on Reddit.

In the other cases the behavior was not identical for errors so the SIM reseat may not help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

On Reddit - Post for: F451 error when trying to change password for T-Mobile account

Seems the access was resolved in that case. Maybe some of the clues there can apply to your situation. I don't know for sure.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

In another Reddit conversation:

Looking at the details of the errors returned, here is one of the detailed errors returned:

{"code":"Security-1017","userMessage":"X-Authorization: Invalid PoP Token","systemMessage":"X-Authorization: Invalid PoP Token","detailLink":"https://developers.myapi.com/errors/#Security-1017"}

The URL seems like it might be a lead, but it just hangs when I try to load it.

The "PoP token" likely refers to a "Proof of Possession" token which is part of "Authentication and Authorization for Constrained Environments (ACE) using the OAuth 2.0 Framework (ACE-OAuth)"... which translates to "T-Mobile isn't letting you log in and isn't being clear what the reason is".

My point about the SIM is that the IMEI and ICCID numbers do relate to the user and the account and phone number as the gateway has its phone number associated with the account.

I had this problem when I first signed up for home internet.  It had to do with my having a very old (and long inactive) prepaid hotspot linked to my e-mail address.  I had to call Home Internet Customer Service, and they basically had to remove the e-mail address from my account.  The person on the phone couldn’t do this - they had to escalate it to someone else and call back the next day.  When they called me back, they had to manually add my e-mail (as though I had never given them an e-mail when I signed up).  After that, it worked fine.

Just make sure you call Home Internet Customer Service at 1-844-275-9310  instead of the regular customer service number.

mine was doing this cause i has a previous account under the same email address. i went in and changed my password and it seemed to fix this for me.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I believe my issue is also because I had an old expired Tmobile account. I have changed passwords and worked with a number of different technical support people who have had no success and only say there is a problem with their system and that it has been escalated. I did find that on the Tmobile Tuesdays app on my iPhone, I was able to login and link the telephone number on the internet box to my login and receive a verification code on my internet box. This would imply that at least somewhere in their system, I am in there correctly. I only have TMobile Home internet and not phone service. Apparently if you have both, there is not an issue. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I did eventually get a Tmobile person who knew what they were doing. They were able to create a new Tmobile account, replacing the old one, and associate that account to the Internet Gateway. It took lots of calls, but it is now resolved.