Question

[HELP!!] HOME INTERNET Extremely Slow

• 14 November 2020
  • 6 replies

Badge

I got my Home Internet Router about 4 days ago and I’ve been trying to set it up in different locations in my house.

90% speed test results are around <5 Mbs, only 1 time ~50Mbs(then never happen again ever since).

Called the tech support, after 50 min of hold time, the only thing he can do is reboot + reset  the router and sim card.

Location is at 91748.

It is really depressing. Please help.

6 replies

Also getting very slow speeds ≤ 10 mbps and unable to get excellent signal. 

If your upload speed is considerably higher than your download speed, it usually suggests deprioritization due to a busy tower.  I see that your best speeds were before 7 am.

if you check again in the wee hours of the night, like 2 am, you’ll probably see much higher download speeds.  Unfortunately, this service has the lowest priority, so there’s really nothing that can be done to improve your daytime speeds.  There are simply too many people using data who get have higher priority than you do with this plan.

Badge

magenta5729535 What you said absolutely makes sense to me.  I rarely get >10Mbs from 7 am to 11 pm. 

When I sign up, the salesperson told me that they have limited (<10) users for this service to make sure all users guarantee to have ~50 Mbs. Had high hope with it.

Badge

Please help!

Please help!

There’s not really anything that can be done to help.  I realize that this isn’t the answer that you want to hear, but unfortunately that’s how this internet plan is set up.

There is only so much data that can be sent from the tower at once, and the way this plan is configured, we have the absolute lowest priority.  If there are a lot of people using the same cell tower as you are, your data has to wait until there is an open spot for it to get sent out.

During the hours that aren’t busy, you’ll get good speeds.  As soon as people wake up and start using their phones, tablets, and hotspots, you get sent to the back of the line.

In rural areas like where I live, it only slows down a little bit. In more urban areas, the lower priority of our plans is a lot more noticeable.  If you live in a big city, this plan probably won’t work very well at all.

Badge

There’s not really anything that can be done to help.  I realize that this isn’t the answer that you want to hear, but unfortunately that’s how this internet plan is set up.

There is only so much data that can be sent from the tower at once, and the way this plan is configured, we have the absolute lowest priority.  If there are a lot of people using the same cell tower as you are, your data has to wait until there is an open spot for it to get sent out.

During the hours that aren’t busy, you’ll get good speeds.  As soon as people wake up and start using their phones, tablets, and hotspots, you get sent to the back of the line.

In rural areas like where I live, it only slows down a little bit. In more urban areas, the lower priority of our plans is a lot more noticeable.  If you live in a big city, this plan probably won’t work very well at all.

Ya… I think I’m living in the worst area for internet service. Living in an urban area but only have the options of Satellite internet or Hotspot. 

Thanks for the replies tho.