Question

Home

• 17 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

Is it normal for me to turn on and off my home internet tower at least twice every week? Because this is ridiculous! It looses connection every time when I need it the most. And I have to turn it off in order to restart the connection. I’m getting fed up of this. And it’s super slow! Someone help! 

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Is it normal for me to turn on and off my home internet tower at least twice every week? Because this is ridiculous! It looses connection every time when I need it the most. And I have to turn it off in order to restart the connection. I’m getting fed up of this. And it’s super slow! Someone help! 

If you have a poor connection due to distance to tower, obstructions, interference, high user traffic density, gateway overheating because it is in a sunny window, signal conflict zone between two towers, materials in the walls of your house -- having to restart your tower twice a week or even twice a day would be expected.

If you click on my badge (colored circle with a T in it) to the left of this message, you can read through a few dozen of my comments, many of which are about suggestions to help people try for a faster and/or more stable connection.

In the end though, if your connection is repeatedly dropping below 10Mbps for download speed, you’re probably in a dead zone which sometimes even happens to people who are within good range of a tower, like less than a mile away with clear sight lines.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

It could definitely be an overheating issue.