Solved

Home Internet Bridge Mode and External Antenna

• 15 October 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Are there any plans, and if so, a possible time frame when bridge mode may be added as a feature on the gateway for the home internet service? To go along with that are there any plans for an upgraded gateway to have connectors for external antennas, as that would help me out quite a bit. 

If not, would it be possible to use another device such as the Netgear LB1120 that has all of those features?

icon

Best answer by treddy 15 October 2020, 21:21

You might be interested in this post on Reddit..

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/comments/jbfnt6/home_internet_5g_gateway_coming_soon/

That’s what I’m waiting for. Hopefully it helps with all the things you are asking for...

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

You might be interested in this post on Reddit..

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/comments/jbfnt6/home_internet_5g_gateway_coming_soon/

That’s what I’m waiting for. Hopefully it helps with all the things you are asking for...

Userlevel 1
Badge

@treddy thanks for the link. Hopefully they have been listening and have added some of the features a bunch of customers have been asking for.

Are there any plans, and if so, a possible time frame when bridge mode may be added as a feature on the gateway for the home internet service? To go along with that are there any plans for an upgraded gateway to have connectors for external antennas, as that would help me out quite a bit. 

If not, would it be possible to use another device such as the Netgear LB1120 that has all of those features?

Recently signed up for this service and ran into a few issues that appear to be linked to 2Double NATing and IPv6 to IPv4.  Also I am in a “ Weak Signal “ area so BOTH of these requests are very valid.  Support was very nice about my questions just like these but not supported at this time.  Future please ?

I have played with the current WIFI router (LB1120) and tried all the tricks recommended by Tech Support and they don’t work.  I’ve direct connected a PC to the LB1120 router.  I’ve tried different APNs (epc, fast and fbb.home).  I’ve tried to disable the WIFI on the router and only connected one device to it (a PC).  I’ve disabled DHCP and given the PC a static IP.  I have spent two solid days looking up every possible solution and none of them work.  The LB1120 will not allow me to run Dynamic DNS, PLEX Server, Remote Desktop (into my network from outside), VPN, or access to my IP cameras.  Admitted, I am getting 150 MB upload /30 MB down (speed test) but what good is the upload if I can’t access any of my devices remotely.  

I have been a Tmobile customer for 20 years.  I’ve had a multi-line business account for 10 years with Tmobile.  At my former employer, I took the whole company from ATT and Verizon to Tmobile (50 lines) and put them all on One Plus @ work plan.  

I really want to have an option other than Ma Bell or Comcast and want to support Tmobile in this endeavor, but with all the current limitations, it is really hard to like the Home Internet.

I just spent the past two days doing almost the same thing, Port Forward to my cameras etc, so today I gave in and called support and was on hold for awhile to be connected to a nice support member.  I found out / confirmed, the settings you and I and possibly others have been trying to use do not work.  I asked then why are they even there..   Kinda frustrated that I had download and read the user guide for the Modem before I signed up to find out today, they have been disabled and not sure if and when any of those features will be enabled in the future. We are not alone on the matter as many have called bringing this issue up.  Keep letting them know we need to be able to port forward or better yet just provide a internet modem (Bridged) no routing or FW etc, so we can manage it from there !

Badge

I agree! Antenna needed.

Just got the 5G gateway today.  I agree that bridge mode is 100% needed as well as the ability to add an external antenna.  Better yet, unlock the sim from the IMEI so we can bring our own modems!  Please TMobile!  Save us rural homelabbers!

Badge

Just got the 5G gateway today.  I agree that bridge mode is 100% needed as well as the ability to add an external antenna.  Better yet, unlock the sim from the IMEI so we can bring our own modems!  Please TMobile!  Save us rural homelabbers!

Basically. Even If we had IPV6 /56 or /64 addresses I’d be happy. I could setup my own router, DDNS IPSEC tunnels, Port Forward, etc

Bridge Mode is a fundamental right… why wouldn’t they make it available?  Are they afraid we’ll hide traffic on our own devices?  I’m in the rural part of Newberg Oregon and would definitely benefit from a way to connect an external antenna.  At this point, my download speed tests are not even as good as my double-bonded DSL from Ziply.  The upload speed is better, but I’m not sure it is a worthwhile trade-off.  My Ziply is the same price/mo.  and doesn’t have limits.