Question

Home Internet Speeds / connection quality

• 26 June 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hello,

I signed up for T-mobile home internet almost 1 month ago. In the beginning service was well above expectations..  The download speed was around 250Mbps and the upload around 30Mbps. However, after about two weeks.  Now it’s borderline unusable at times.  I’ve attached a couple screenshots hoping to figure out what the cause might be?   Pay special attention to the one speed test with very high jitter and ping…

Any advice would be helpful.. 

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Your cell metrics look great. The issue could be with the cell tower so you would have to call TMO support to confirm. You could also try connecting to the LAN port to see if your wifi is not working right.

Welcome to t-mobile internet. This is the norm.  For me anyway.  Over a year now.  Supports last recommendation was to turn it off..

Badge

Welcome to t-mobile internet. This is the norm.  For me anyway.  Over a year now.  Supports last recommendation was to turn it off..

I'm starting to think that. I can't imagine their support will be that great. This is down right pathetic.  We had constant buffering last night and no internet this morning have multiple power cycles.  

Mine’s generally been very good since last August.  However, in the past 24 hours, I’ve had to reboot 3 times and the  Okla speed test shows the closest ping tower 300 miles away.  I’m actually 700 yards away from the closest tower.  I’ve had all of this before, when I initially set it up but then it was very reliable until now.  I imagine they’re working on something.  I’ll wait it out for a bit.  Good luck

That's nothing. I getdload speeds of less than 1 maps! It's like this every morning. Sometimes during the day, if I'm lucky, I can get up to 30. Called 6 times so far. Useless.

Badge

That's nothing. I getdload speeds of less than 1 maps! It's like this every morning. Sometimes during the day, if I'm lucky, I can get up to 30. Called 6 times so far. Useless.

Why are you still with TMO then? Is there any promising news from TMO ahead?  I just signed up and having difficulty getting above 10mbps download. I’m considering of using external antennae but it’s a costly option.