Question

home internet weak signal

• 5 June 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

only one bar 

3 replies

Have you tried moving the device around your house while checking the connection quality? There’s also a placement assistant to help with placement. I wen from a Good signal to an Excellent signal just by raising it about 6’. That was after it was already in a good location in the house.

for the last 3 weeks I'll have to move router inch at a time an it jumps from 1 bar no signal to 3 bars and no signal every 5 min I've reset unplugged everything whats worse is we live in a rural area so it's either t-mobile or back to half a megabit a min with century link and through phone line. We've been fine with between it showing 75 megabites an up but the signal strength to my ps4 is like 2 to 500k but on app it always say 75/75 do I need to just upgrade to the square 5g router? Now our router only shows the 5ghz signal usually its 2.4ghz as main and 5ghz

I’ve not used Nokia GW but from I hear, they both have their advantages. If the placement assistant shows that you are in a good 5G coverage area, I don’t know what to tell you. I placed my router on the side of the house with the best coverage (per the placement assistant) and up high on a bookshelf and it works great. When I had it across the house in my office, it didn’t get a very good signal.  Check out some of videos by Nater Tater on YouTube. He covers a lot on setting up the T-Mobile Home Internet. We’ve gone beyond my knowledge now.