Question

How can I improve my signal?

• 12 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge

I was lucky enough to be able to be in an area for T-mobile home internet. Unfortunately my modem flops between weak and good signal. I tried walking around my house and I can’t get anything above 74 RSSI. I’m in the 06825 area code and any help would be appreciated in how I can somehow improve my signal or even get some type of hope that a tower will be upgraded or added in the near future. 

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

The best thing you can do to improve signal to your modem is by putting it close to a window and far away from any large appliances.  Congestion sounds like the reason as to why the signal level varies.  Just like with WiFi, the more people using it at the same time, the more the signal decreases.

Badge

The best thing you can do to improve signal to your modem is by putting it close to a window and far away from any large appliances.  Congestion sounds like the reason as to why the signal level varies.  Just like with WiFi, the more people using it at the same time, the more the signal decreases.

Yea that’s where I get better than “weak” signal but again it fluctuates between weak and good. Maybe support can do something.