Question

How Can I Setup My T-Mobile ID for My Home Internet Account...???

Userlevel 1
Badge

I signed up for the Home Internet and got an email that I was activated on 04/01/21... A few days later the cylinder device arrived and connected to the internet easily. Nevertheless, I cannot register to get a T-Mobile ID for this account. I cannot login online OR use the T-Mobile app because it keeps stating they don't recognize my email. I've had two lengthy phone calls with support and visited a store (whom in turn called support)... As of now I STILL can't create a T-Mobile ID to manage my account. (This account was created using my Pre-paid phone account...)

At first I thought it didn't matter that I couldn't access my account since the service is working so-so... But at the end of the first month my service was cut off as the person who initiated my account did not ensure that I was signed up for autopay. I never received an email about my bill. When I called about my service they wanted me to pay the $65 + restoration fee + plus a fee for making a payment manually over the phone...?!?  It would have all been over $90... It should have only been $60... After admitting their fault they charged me $67 to continue with the service... I'm told I'm signed up for autopay, but we will see…

I STILL CAN'T REGISTER FOR A T-MOBILE ID so that I can manage my account. I've been working with the store and they're having trouble getting the techs to resolve this problem as of... 06/02/2021... 

Internet quality is lacking... The speed is inconsistent; 5mbs - 25mbs... I can't visit some websites using the Home Internet device yet have no problems visiting the same sites/pages using my T-Mobile prepaid phone account as a hotspot. Reviewers should look into the issue as to why this ISP (T-Mobile Home Internet) cannot be used to access some websites. There are quite a few pages I cannot access, but yet I can access them using T-Mobile's prepaid phone account as a hotspot.

54 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Yep I am too am in the same boat for the last 4 months and counting..

see it here: https://community.t-mobile.com/tv-home-internet-7/what-i-think-after-months-of-service-home-internet-36178

I am in the same boat. I don’t think they understand how to not confuse home internet with phone accounts. it’s been a frustrating process for me too. 

Has anyone found a solution yet??. I'm still in the same boat! 

We as well bought the home internet a month ago. And we're told we would have 5g and it has never gone above 2 bars and its choppy all the time my husband  is a very avid gamer and ends up teethering off of our hot spots on our phones most of time. Thank God we are on an unlimited plan.  This is stupid and on top of all that we were told we would have 5g on our new phones 2g 3g on good days once in awhile we might see 4g. Not often though.

Userlevel 1

I have made 6 calls to customer service since September, 2021 trying to access my T-Mobile Home Internet account online.  We have changed passwords, authorization codes, usernames, browsers and phone numbers.  Nothing has worked.  There does seem to be confusion regarding my pre-paid cell account and the post-paid internet account.

My problem has been “escalated” several times with a promise of a call-back which happened only one time out of three promises.  Again, that didn’t work.

I live in a remote area and cannot risk losing my internet service.  So I gave up and put the monthly home internet charge on autopay.  Now T-Mobile magically bills my credit card but does not text or email or communicate with me regarding the monthly charges.

Has anyone found a way to access their T-Mobile Home Internet account online?

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

How Can I Setup My T-Mobile ID for My Home Internet Account...???

Doesn’t the following link work to create an account?

https://account.t-mobile.com/signup/v2/createaccount

Userlevel 1

No, that doesn’t work.  I just spent another 2 hours and 20 minutes in T-Mobile’s chat box.  This after numerous phone calls.  I now have my 4th complaint code and a promise of a return phone call from “Engineering” in three business days.

I have the exact same issue with login to my account. I called them multiple times, went to the store but no luck. 
They simply don’t accept the major bug in the system. 
plus I’m loosing out on T-Mobile offers as well. 

When I got my router, I took the optional tablet along with it.  Both devices (router and tablet) had phone numbers attached.  I established an account with the router phone number and associated it with an email I had previously registered with T-Mobile.  Once that link was made, I was able to set a pin, establish AutoPay, and make the first month’s payment since AutoPay didn’t start until the next month.

Userlevel 1

I am having the same problem. It keeps saying it does not recognize the email address when trying to set up the ID...even though I received emails regarding my order at the same address. The welcome email only lists the router and the router's phone number.

This seems to be a persistent issue for T-Mobile. Luckily, this is not our only ISP. I'll give it a month and then cancel if this issue is not corrected. 

Edit: I have solved my problem at least. When you create an account for the forum, you are basically setting up your T-Mobile ID. If you log-in to the main page, it will ask you to link your phone. I used the phone number for the router, entered the last 4 of SSN and now my account is linked. 

For the prepaid folks, maybe there is an option to add phones to your account. If so, just use the number for the router and add it. Best of luck!

I managed to create an ID but it isn’t recognizing the phone number for my router. So I can not link the account to pay my bill. I have to pay as a guest. This is so frustrating!!! If multiple people are having the same issue...FIX IT!!!

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@Bjn1104 

Everyone that’s having this issue, try this link : 

https://www.t-mobile.com/isp

In the upper right hand corner, click “My Account” and below that there is another link for Home Internet customers to sign up for a T-Mobile ID and it doesn’t require a phone number. 

Hope this helps!

I am having the same problem. It keeps saying it does not recognize the email address when trying to set up the ID...even though I received emails regarding my order at the same address. The welcome email only lists the router and the router's phone number.

This seems to be a persistent issue for T-Mobile. Luckily, this is not our only ISP. I'll give it a month and then cancel if this issue is not corrected. 

Edit: I have solved my problem at least. When you create an account for the forum, you are basically setting up your T-Mobile ID. If you log-in to the main page, it will ask you to link your phone. I used the phone number for the router, entered the last 4 of SSN and now my account is linked. 

For the prepaid folks, maybe there is an option to add phones to your account. If so, just use the number for the router and add it. Best of luck!

Thanks for the forum account tip! I was able to do that but then when I enter my number in the page asking to link phone number, I get a Service Unavailable page/error.

Badge

@Bjn1104

Everyone that’s having this issue, try this link : 

https://www.t-mobile.com/isp

In the upper right hand corner, click “My Account” and below that there is another link for Home Internet customers to sign up for a T-Mobile ID and it doesn’t require a phone number. 

Hope this helps!

Support asked me to go to his URL and the exact same results.  This is not working for those of us having this issue…

Badge

I tried this but it will not let me link my gateway/router phone number to my account.  I keep getting “Service Unavailable… F451: Un-oh, it looks like we have our wires crossed.  Please try again later.”

On one hand, I am glad I am not the only one having this issue, on the other hand, this even makes the situation worse in my eyes as a System Administrator, these issue ‘should’ be basic.

Guess my next route is to see if I can be escalated to a tier2 person as these people answer the phone aren’t getting it...

Userlevel 1
Badge

Bad news. I did finally manage to get a T-Mobile ID and logged into my T-Mobile. Now, if I try to see or do anything there, I need to associate a phone number with the account where they can send a verification code. When I do, I am asked to make sure I entered my “T-Mobile number” correctly. I don't have a T-Mobile phone and they can't send verification code for me to the gateway number.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

I don't have a T-Mobile phone and they can't send verification code for me to the gateway number.

The gateway is able to display text messages / verification codes through its phone number.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

think this problem is related to this problem here: https://community.t-mobile.com/tv-home-internet-7/online-account-access-40651

The gateway is able to receive text messages but for some reason the t-mobile system is not able to send these messages. Gives the uh oh something went wrong error.

My problem is that my email account was previously associated with a t-mobile phone number… like years ago. So it wants me to verify that phone, which I do not have. This is simply absurd. And I cannot set up a new id because it wants me to use the email that I used to buy the home internet. and around and around we go!

Thanks for the forum account tip! I was able to do that but then when I enter my number in the page asking to link phone number, I get a Service Unavailable page/error.

Has anybody figured out how to get past the error message? I’m having the same issue, and when I called customer service, they transferred me to tech support. Tech support claimed to do something it claimed fixed the issue and then transferred me back to customer service to “finalize” the fix, but customer service then said tech support didn’t do anything. After some “research,” customer service said the error is because the site is undergoing maintenance, and when I said it’s unlikely that’s the reason since people on the community forum have been having the same issue for months, she didn’t really have any response and just offered to call me back tomorrow. I am not hopeful tomorrow is going to go any better.

Badge

Has anybody figured out how to get past the error message? I’m having the same issue, and when I called customer service, they transferred me to tech support. Tech support claimed to do something it claimed fixed the issue and then transferred me back to customer service to “finalize” the fix, but customer service then said tech support didn’t do anything. After some “research,” customer service said the error is because the site is undergoing maintenance, and when I said it’s unlikely that’s the reason since people on the community forum have been having the same issue for months, she didn’t really have any response and just offered to call me back tomorrow. I am not hopeful tomorrow is going to go any better.

My experience may be relevant (or not).  I ordered the internet service by calling up and talking to a rep who set up the account; I was a new internet only customer.  Gave them my e-mail address and they used it to send confirmation of the order so it definitely was in their system somewhere.  I suspect they have several internal computer systems that aren’t talking to each other.  Like others, I had trouble setting up a T-Mobile ID.  Said they didn’t have a valid e-mail address when they obviously did (or at least one of their systems did).  I called them at 800-937-8997 and they were able to help.  Turns out my account was set up from the get-go so that I would receive a paper bill each month.  Because of that the “billing” side of their system apparently didn’t have a valid e-mail address in their database???  Why it didn’t auto-populate from the “orders” side of their system I’ll never know.  Anyway, I suspect the billing side needs to have a valid e-mail address in order for the system to be able to create a T-Mobile ID. Long story short after they switched me over to e-bill with a valid e-mail address I was immediately able to set up my T-Mobile ID online.  That’s my story.  Good luck everybody!

I am a home internet only account holder also.  I had trouble creating a t-mobile id also.  T-mobile would email me, but when I put in my email to the website it was not recognized.  What fixed this for me was using a capital letter for the first letter of the email.  myemail → Myemail.

My experience may be relevant (or not).  I ordered the internet service by calling up and talking to a rep who set up the account; I was a new internet only customer.  Gave them my e-mail address and they used it to send confirmation of the order so it definitely was in their system somewhere.  I suspect they have several internal computer systems that aren’t talking to each other.  Like others, I had trouble setting up a T-Mobile ID.  Said they didn’t have a valid e-mail address when they obviously did (or at least one of their systems did).  I called them at 800-937-8997 and they were able to help.  Turns out my account was set up from the get-go so that I would receive a paper bill each month.  Because of that the “billing” side of their system apparently didn’t have a valid e-mail address in their database???  Why it didn’t auto-populate from the “orders” side of their system I’ll never know.  Anyway, I suspect the billing side needs to have a valid e-mail address in order for the system to be able to create a T-Mobile ID. Long story short after they switched me over to e-bill with a valid e-mail address I was immediately able to set up my T-Mobile ID online.  That’s my story.  Good luck everybody!

I just tried this, but apparently I was already enrolled in e-billing, so that doesn’t seem to be the underlying problem. Thanks for the tip, though. Anyone else got any other ideas to get past the “Service unavailable F451: Uh-oh, it looks like we have our wires crossed.  Please try again later.” error message?

Userlevel 2
Badge

I just got Home Internet and am having all these same problems. I chatted with an “expert” who was no help at all. She told me that most likely I had a phone number that was already associated with someone else’s account and that I’d have to call to get it fixed. It really seems like you have to have a phone with T-Mobile in order to get anything to work, which is frustrating.

For me, I tried several times to create an ID initially, but was constantly told the email was not recognized, so then I created a forum account and it told me to link my phone number, which gave me a Service Unavailable error (and I’ve found discussions about that going back a year, so they obviously can’t be bothered to fix it). So then during the chat I was sent a link, with basically no instructions, to a page where I finally found another link to enter my phone number. Doing that told me I already had an ID and to log in, so I did that and it just started going in a loop of telling me to log in, enter phone number, log in, enter phone number.

At this point, I can log in and post in the forum, but that’s about it. I also tried installing the regular T-Mobile app, but it just throws an error when I launch it, probably because I don’t have phone service with them, and the Home Internet app is just about useless.

I’m glad this service is cheap, but now I’m thinking “you get what you pay for”

Userlevel 1

I have a similar problem. I have a legacy Pay As You Go account which I use for 2FA only. I’ve had the account for years.  Once a year I purchase a phone minutes card and load it with whatever amount required to maintain 100 minutes.  Last week I purchased the T-Mobile 5G Home Internet which is working just fine.  My issue is establishing a second account for this product.  I have all the required numbers, account, PIN, subscriber and phone. Every time I try the setup a new ID their system responds with, I already have an ID. Their system is trying to place this product into an account that has a different account number.

I was fortunate enough to speak with a tech rep at the who toke the time to duplicate what I experienced and confirmed after hours of trying that the issue requires an engineering solution.  She created a ticket # 58752623, documented the issue and submitted to the engineering support group; that was three business days ago.  She did say it would take 3 to 5 business days to resolve and she would get back to me.

Yesterday I received my first bill by gateway tower message, no email; that was a surprise along with an included a $1.16 fee on my billed amount.  I’ll wait the 2 more business days for them to resolve my account ID issue; if they don’t, I’ll request an RMA for the hardware and end this.