Question

how connect Tmobile gateway to printer

• 13 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

I recently got the T-Mobile 5G home internet and can’t figure out how to connect my wireless printer. How do I do that. Printer Canon Pixma MG3600

4 replies

Userlevel 1

Same question. I just exchanged my gray Nokia gateway for the Sagemcom. My Canon MG3500 printer connected to the Nokia, but I cannot get it to connect to this new gateway. (Everything's else connected easily: home security system, fire stick, TVision hub, iPad, Samsung S20, and two Samsung tablets.) I've tried going into the home Internet app and creating a second network just for the printer, and it looked like the network was established, but it disappeared. Now when I look at my gateway, only 3 devices are connected to the original network. Help? 

Same here.  I cannot connect my Canon MG3620 wireless printer to my 5G gateway.  Please advise as to a resolution. Thanks!!

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Some devices can’t connect to the gateway’s default network.  You want to leave this network alone and ADD a second network with the + sign at the bottom of the Network tab in the T-Mobile Internet app.  For this new network, set the band to 2.4 GHz and set the WPA version to WPA/WPA2.  Try connecting your printer to this second network.  Use the default network for your other devices, as much as possible.

Here are the T-Mobile support instructions for how to add the second network with the app.

Android  How to create additional Wi-Fi networks | T-Mobile Internet app | Android | T-Mobile Support

iOS  How to create additional Wi-Fi networks | T-Mobile Internet app | iOS | T-Mobile Support

Userlevel 1

@nc1037 … I tried doing exactly that, but I still battled for a couple days to get it to “take”. I finally got the printer online, I made a second network just for the printer to hook in to. The only other things I did that I did not do before:
*moved the printer to the same room as the gateway
*uninstalled my Canon Print app and did a fresh re-install of it so that I could set things up from scratch.

Thank you for the help. I’m back up and running. (Printing. Whatever).