Question

How to get the $30 home internet plan on magenta max?

Badge

I signed up for the $30 home internet plan as a magenta max customer last month and I being charged $50.

I have called CSR several times and I was told you have to wait a few billing cycles before a $20 a month credit is applied.

I have asked several times for a copy of the terms and conditions of the promo and they have refused to provide details.

Has anyone manage to get the $30 rate for home internet?

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

This is the full text of terms and conditions right off the promotions page:With $20 monthly bill credit.

“Limited-time offer; subject to change. Qualifying credit, 2+ lines of Magenta MAX, Magenta Plus, or ONE Plus service, and Home Internet service required. Credits may take up to 2 bill cycles; credits will stop if you cancel any lines or change plans. Limit 1/account. May not be combinable with some offers or discounts.”

I’m really glad I came across this post because I did not know that One Plus service qualifies which is what I have!

Badge

That is a pop window on a website not sure they count as the full terms and conditions for the promotion. I dont have a screen shot of the window from several weeks ago but they seem to have changed. Hence I am looking for the full term and conditions which I expect to be a long boring document.

They seemed to have introduced the “may take up to 2 bill cycles” into them. “May” very vague.

Has anybody actually got the $30 price they have been advertising?

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

That is a pop window on a website not sure they count as the full terms and conditions for the promotion. I dont have a screen shot of the window from several weeks ago but they seem to have changed. Hence I am looking for the full term and conditions which I expect to be a long boring document.

They seemed to have introduced the “may take up to 2 bill cycles” into them. “May” very vague.

Has anybody actually got the $30 price they have been advertising?

It’s not vague at all.  That’s how it’s been done with all their promotions.  If you understand how billing works it makes complete sense.  You have 2 dates.  A cycle date, and a billing date.  My cycle for examples ends on the 14th of every month.  If I was say almost through my cycle and I purchased something or took a promotion it won’t show up on that cycle. It would show up on the next one.  If you just started service it will be prorated on the first cycle and second cycle will be put together.  After that cycle is completed it’ll show up then.  This is where everyone is at with this promotion.

Some reps may not make it clear if you take a promotion it may require signing up online to get it.  It’s $35 without auto pay $30 with auto pay.  Also it comes with a $50 prepaid card iirc but that you have to sign up for.  I just signed up for this myself.

Badge

I’ve had TMHI for about 3 weeks. Paid $50 for the first month. I just added 3 mobile lines of Magenta Max and my TMHI is at $30 according to the billing breakdown.

Badge

It has been over two months and three billing cycles and still no $20 credit on my bill for the home internet plan. Has anyone received thier credit?

Badge

OK, I called T Mobile and asked about the credit. In less than 10 minutes the rep had credit on my account and will call back next month to make sure it is still being applied. Outstanding customer service by Ian. I was truly impressed.

Do you have more than 1 line? Without a family plan, you will still pay $50

Because I live In a rural area I get the hometown discount. When they sold me the internet because I'm on the Regina Max I was told I would get it for $30 a month with auto pay. Here I am going into my third billing cycle and I'm still getting charged $50 a month. When I called them of course I was told five different things by five different people, but apparently you cannot combine the hometown discount and the $30 internet promotion. So you might want to check if you're considered to live in a rural l area. If I would have known this I would have never taken out the internet as I didn't really need it just thought it was a good deal for $30. I will be canceling not only that service but both of my T-Mobile ones because I will not do business with someone that cannot stand behind the product and the price point they sell it at.

Badge

If you cancel the TMHI and the credits stops do you own on money or are you just cancelled no further issues?

Thank you

Why cancel it?  I’m currently a subscriber for @Home Internet and it works crazy good.  OOTB, it’s faster than my Comcast and as $30, which I will be getting that offer kicked in any time now, makes an excellent backup or even primary connection to my home wifi system.  

At some point when Comcast really decides to mess with my rates, I’m ok to drop them completely because for $30/month, I can run 5 Nest cams and 5 devices at once with no issue.