Question

how to improve signal and speed on home internet¿

• 3 December 2021
  • 34 replies

Badge

I'm only getting about 25 to 45 Mbps down and similar up. I keep seeing people get in the 200s down! How can I get those kind of speeds? I'm not very far from a tower and I've tried the Nokia Gateway all over the house!

34 replies

Sorry, I am not finding any of these screenshots on either that app or the webpage (192.168.12.1). I have searched both places and do not find any mention of primary networks or any signal readings like what is being shown in many of the previous responses. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Sorry, I am not finding any of these screenshots on either that app or the webpage (192.168.12.1). I have searched both places and do not find any mention of primary networks or any signal readings like what is being shown in many of the previous responses. 

On the T-Mobile Home Internet app, go to “More”, “Advanced cellular metrics”.

any help here?

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

any help here?

Are you connect to N41 on your secondary signal? if not try a different spot for your  gateway..

Badge

I'm only getting about 25 to 45 Mbps down and similar up. I keep seeing people get in the 200s down! How can I get those kind of speeds? I'm not very far from a tower and I've tried the Nokia Gateway all over the house!

It does not matter how far you are from the tower what matters is signal quality.

Phone app is a bit limited go to 192.168.12.1 on your computer web browser.

First page expand Primary and secondary internet connection signal all that info is needed screen shot ok too.

Then on the left click Status and again expand Primary and secondary cellular network again all that data or screenshot.

Again need 

RSRP

SNR

RSRQ

RSSI

For both primary and secondary.

And Band for both.

With this info we can help you.

RSRP the lower the number the better.

SNR higher is better on this one.

RSRQ lower is better.

RSSI lower is better.

Hi! I am having the same issue, poor speeds and a tower is in sight. 

I read what you wrote, go to 192.168.12.1 modems page IP address but I have no left click ability and cannot expand anything on the root page of 192.168.12.1.

when I go to that IP it gets redirected to: //192.168.12.1/home and all I see is Home, Connection status section where it shows Devices --- Wifi gateway ----- Internet

then below that two boxes, left box shows Connection Quality which says Very good, and right box that says, Gateway and then below it firmware, UI version, serial number, etc.

How do I open the page where it shows RSRP, SNR, RSRQ and so forth?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

If you have the Arcadyan Gateway and the more recent firmware update you will not have any advanced metric information via the web browser interface. You will have to use the mobile application to have more information and be able to manage the Arcadyan gateway. 

The Nokia gateway web UI is much better and allows cellular metric information and admin capability. 

So, getting the cellular metrics depends upon the gateway you have. 

I get over 500, all the time… Tower is 2 blocks from my house with a clear shot out the window

I would like to know how to boost the speed and signal as well.  we had storms in March and we are being told that they have no intention of bringing the service back to its previous functionality.  we have service (crappy and unreliable, but we can use it) so they quote that we used the service so it is the expectation that our quality remains crappy but this should be what we expect.   I don’t currently have another provider in my area-- although the moment we do we’ll be switching our entire account (because if you know there is an issue and choose not to fix it…. well. )  but until then I need to have a more reliable signal and preferable better speeds. 

I have no issue purchasing an antennea or whatever I have to do-- If that is the only option-- what kind of antennea?  Brand? Recommendations?  

Depends on if you are happy with what you have. I installed an external antenna made a world of difference very happy.

Which external antenna did you go with and where did you place it?