Question

How to return internet gateway

• 20 November 2021
  • 14 replies

Badge

I attempted to return my 5G gateway to my local store….they said they couldn’t do it….what do I need to do to get rid of this?

14 replies

If you ordered your gateway online you have to return it the same way. If you ordered your gateway from a local brick & mortar store you can return it to the store. Sounds like you may have ordered it online so you will need to contact the T-mobile home internet help tech’s online. And they will send you a return label. At least that is what happened to me.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

You can go to a store and have them call home internet tech support for you. They can cancel the service and email you a prepaid UPS label.

Im literally sitting in a T-Mobile store rn trying to return the equipment. The store rep has been on hold for over an hour just to get a MF label. This shit is CRAZY!!!! I’m so angry!

Badge

Yea with the joke or meme if you will of this internet service I might have to do the same. I gave it a month my home internet is faster and reliable Which means while the download of the gateway CAN be faster the upload isn’t and the speed is inconsistent with most the time me getting slower internet. Maybe in the future I might try again. To put it into perspective my home internet I can stream video to friends. This “5g beta” I might do it time to time and rarely disconnect till I’m done. The amount of people saying their cell phones getting better signal and consistent speed is embarrassing. I feel like this will be a thing in the future but please make sure home internet users can use the internet next time. 50/mo for god tier speeds to snail speeds is fine but make sure people at least have usable upload and download you should strive for 20 MBPS up and 30 down during busy congestive times of the day.

Even when Speed test claims 100 MBPS loading a webpage nothing else takes a long time for 100MBPS internet...

Badge

Yeah you think the store would be able to print you a label. Also I only pay $60 per month for spectrum internet and I average 180 to 200 Mbps so right now this 5g is not good. In fact if I turn the wifi off on my S21 and connect to the T-Mobile 5gUC I get 3x faster speeds sitting right next to the gateway. So I'm returning it also 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Unfortunately, from my own experience and many other users’ complaints the retail stores have no idea how to support home internet service. While we can cut TMO some slack with the understanding that home internet bears very little semblance to cell phone service and equipment, TMO could have done a whole lot better with some training. Ironically (or coincidentally?) when I went to my local store the first thing they said to me while processing my order was “sorry but our office internet is so slow”. When I asked what service they used, they said it was Spectrum cable. This is considering that my TMO gateway gets 250-350 mbps down and 15-20 mbps up and the store has better cellphone signal than I do at my house. Go figure.

On the other hand, it’s the opposite experience for the cable providers trying to add cellphone service.

This is completely , crazy!!

No business should cause this much grief in returning a item, that is not working for them,

Especially, since they promised all these things to the customer.  Tmoblie is making it hard to return-

i have not used my modem in over 60 days, and i am still paying , as i wait for them to send me the lable.

Just got off the phone again.. and now they want more info, to send it out. 

Time for me to switch phone carries too!!

I went to a store and they said they couldnt do it even when i had the label in my hand. The lady on the phone said i could. Wasted a couple hours just back and forth. Now i am heading to the post office. 😡

Good Luck-

I am still paying for this internet and not using it.

The latest was- I cannot cancel the service,until they get the modem back-

Which I still cannot do!!

Please TMobile fix this!!

If  that happen to you don't allow T-Mobile treat you like that, if you took the gateway in the store, just return it in the store, if they don't accept leave the device in the store and tape with your phone everting, ask them for the receipt record all conversation so them you can use it to sued T-Mobile at court, You are paying the bills and you don't receive the services you suppose to receive, T-M-Mobile think that just because they are a multimillion dollar company can do anything they want against us. don’t allow, and return your gateway in their store or just call the police.

You can go to a store and have them call home internet tech support for you. They can cancel the service and email you a prepaid UPS label.

I could not return turned to the store neither after three moths I'm sick and tired of retail people and online customer service 
You can return the device to a store only if you haven't started a return order yet. If you cancelled, ported out, or began a return with Customer Care, then your return has been started and you must complete it through the mail.

These T-Mobile people should be in jail 17445 US 192 Suite 14, Clermont, FL, 34714
Worse costumer service! The employee was very nasty attitude and didn’t want to help me at all to do a return the 5G T-Mobile Gateway, when the T-Mobile corporate said you can return it to the store very umprofessional, they are  he said No and started fighting with the other employee on the phone. If I could do 0 starts I would. Never going back there and do not recommend. T-mobile should check what’s up with that store.

Please do not let positive stars fool you. This has to be the WORST customer service in all of the area. Employees are the most arrogant employee I have ever dealt with in all my years on earth. I tried to get some information and he was so unprofessional I am surprised he is allowed to represent Tmobile. I WILL NEVER enter this business again nor be associated with TMOBILE again.

I attempted to return my 5G gateway to my local store….they said they couldn’t do it….what do I need to do to get rid of this?

I could not return turned to the store neither after three moths I'm sick and tired of retail people and online customer service 
You can return the device to a store only if you haven't started a return order yet. If you cancelled, ported out, or began a return with Customer Care, then your return has been started and you must complete it through the mail.

These T-Mobile people should be in jail 17445 US 192 Suite 14, Clermont, FL, 34714
Worse costumer service! The employee was very nasty attitude and didn’t want to help me at all to do a return the 5G T-Mobile Gateway, when the T-Mobile corporate said you can return it to the store very unprofessional, they are  he said No and started fighting with the other employee on the phone. If I could do 0 starts I would. Never going back there and do not recommend. T-Mobile should check what’s up with that store.

Please do not let positive stars fool you. This has to be the WORST customer service in all of the area. Employees are the most arrogant employee I have ever dealt with in all my years on earth. I tried to get some information and he was so unprofessional I am surprised he is allowed to represent T-Mobile. I WILL NEVER enter this business again nor be associated with TMOBILE again.

If you ordered your gateway online you have to return it the same way. If you ordered your gateway from a local brick & mortar store you can return it to the store. Sounds like you may have ordered it online so you will need to contact the T-mobile home internet help tech’s online. And they will send you a return label. At least that is what happened to me.

Worse costumer service! The employee was very nasty attitude and didn’t want to help me at all to do a return the 5G T-Mobile Gateway, when the T-Mobile corporate said you can return it to the store very umprofessional, they are  he said No and started fighting with the other employee on the phone. If I could do 0 starts I would. Never going back there and do not recommend. T-mobile should check what’s up with that store.

Please do not let positive stars fool you. This has to be the WORST customer service in all of the area. Employees are the most arrogant employee I have ever dealt with in all my years on earth. I tried to get some information and he was so unprofessional I am surprised he is allowed to represent Tmobile. I WILL NEVER enter this business again nor be associated with TMOBILE again.

It’s a headache to contact Customer Care over phone because of holding time! Decided to return it at store over the weekend. Same result: They mentioned that they can’t as it’s not letting them to do it…showed me their i-pad screen where check-mark areas are greyed out! :(

T-Mobile should update their webpage where it states:

Return to a T-Mobile store

• You can return the device to a store only if you haven't started a return order yet. If you cancelled, transferred your number to another carrier, or began a return with Customer Care, then your return has been started and you must complete it through the mail.
  • Use the Store Locator to find a T-Mobile store near you.
  • Bring the device, all accessories, and any original content with you when you head to the store.