Solved

I just got my KVD21-screen looks dead?

• 24 June 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

Just got plugged in and it seems to be working though I'm not sure it's supposed look like this...

I unplugged it and plugged it back in, looked normal but didn't work. I repeated the process and was able to reconnect but screen went back to this...

icon

Best answer by KristopherL0401 24 June 2022, 13:00

View original

3 replies

Have you tried pressing one or all of the three buttons below the display? Is there a strong magnetic field nearby?

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Your modem’s screen is broken. Get a replacement. If TMO support person asks why, just share those photos with them.

Badge

Just got plugged in and it seems to be working though I'm not sure it's supposed look like this...

I unplugged it and plugged it back in, looked normal but didn't work. I repeated the process and was able to reconnect but screen went back to this...

Edit. For the record, the power adapter "sparked" when I plugged it in. It's not in the manual but I would recommend plugging the adapter into the wall BEFORE plugging the USB-C end.

I will be getting a replacement 

Speeds so far: 30 down is my average at its slowest it's half that and at its fastest its twice that. Upload it usually half the download. It's in the best location in my house I could find for signal.