9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Here’s my picture:

Where?

Where?

“Facepalm”...

Why do I buffer every afternoon from 1:30 until 7:00 p.m.? I am getting very tired of this. Please increase your internet speed during the afternoon. My connectivity is always excellent yet my internet speed is horrible.

T Mobile internet services should be pulled from the market. I have had the service for over 12 months and get download speeds of 0.15 mbps up to 5 mbps.  T Mobile has no solution and can not provide any insight as when the problem will be addressed. HIGHLY RECOMMEND AVOID BUYING THIS SERVICE FROM T MOBILE. They should be sued in a class action suit for false advertising. I plan to start posting this information on social media sites 

Badge

Where?

Sorry, I uploaded it but it didn’t show up. I’ll try again. For the last month I have been getting download speeds from 30-70 Mbps, and upload speeds from 3-8 Mbps. Now I’m getting less than 1 Mbps. Nothing has changed on my end.

Badge

It seems to be back to normal. It would be nice for T-Mobile to have a status page showing where they are having outages. I work remotely so this affects my livelihood.

Badge

If you can get 5G at your house, you should upgrade the gateway. It’s not as simple as 1-2.3, but for my troubles, internet speed has more than doubled in my case, around 300 mbps which is quite good!

I would suggest that you exchange your device for a new one. Those speeds are way too low. My sister in her area in NC get 630 mb/s download and up to 50 mb/s upload. Last time I checked, mine was 130, and I had a bad box. Course, it all depends upon your area and how many people are using it. You’re download speed is excessively low. Have you talked to Customer service? They are absolutely amazing! I need to talk to technical service first. If no results then contact Customer service to find out about exchanging your box for a new one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

There is insufficient data to make any definitive observations but it is clear from the two speed tests that the jitter when the speeds are impacted is almost 5X when it is improved. The other aspect of that is that the speed tests do NOT use the same server as a reference. The poor results are from the Charlotte, NC server and the improved results are from the Pineville, NC server. Speedtest.net may reflect the “optimal” source but I find using a reference source is more helpful. I am in East TN and I use the Charlotte, NC server as a reference point. It almost always provides results that are better than servers closer. Compare test results from speedtest.net and fast.com or another source. 

There is no reference to the model of the gateway, Nokia or Arcadyan or the 4G gateway and no cellular metrics to be able to provide more helpful suggestions. The problem may or may not have anything to do with the operation of that specific gateway. A major change to another appliance may just open a new bag of snakes. 

It is pretty likely the behavior is related to load on the tower and how the tower equipment is functioning rather than the gateway. I would agree 100% if you are still using the 4G LTE gateway you should push for a 5G gateway. It might be helpful to find out if work is still being done on the local towers as that seems to be a common factor in a number of conversations regarding performance issues like you see. If you know more about the signals you receive and how well they are functioning you might be able to get some improvements. If you post the cellular metrics information it would help as you could get more feedback upon the operation. Here is a helpful chart.