Solved

installing internet

• 19 July 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

Do I need to disconnect my existing Comcast service to install TMobile internet?

icon

Best answer by allanl3561 19 July 2022, 23:04

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I cancelled part way thru the billing cycle and Comcast refunded a portion of what I had paid toward the month

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Nope. They will both work.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

While that is true, I found that it was very simple to convert from Comcast  by just unplugging the Comcast box and setting up the TMobile gateway with the same user names and passwords (I had 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz wifi separate) as the Comcast box was using. Doing that, I did not have to reconfigure any devices when I switched between Comcast and TMobiile. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Keep in mind that Comcast and TMO does not pro-rate refunds so if you use 1 day of service on a new billing cycle, you will be charged the full monthly fee. If you end up cancelling Comcast, make sure you do it before the end of your billing cycle.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

I cancelled part way thru the billing cycle and Comcast refunded a portion of what I had paid toward the month

My mistake, was thinking Spectrum. However for TMO there is no refund after the trial period ends and there are no credits if your internet connection shows any data access regardless of how slow the service was that day.

My new modem is all set up. Tv appears to be connected but no internet. Please help.