Solved

Is "T-Mobile Home Internet Community" Website Legit?

• 21 March 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Got an invitation through email to join the “T-Mobile Home Internet Community”.  Appears to be a new website from T-Mobile.  But is it really legit, or is it a scam to grab login IDs and passwords?

https://t-mobilehomeinternetcommunity.com

Hello!

Glad you are a part of the T-Mobile family!

As a T-Mobile customer, we are inviting you to join a select group filled with other T-Mobile customers to join the T-Mobile Home Internet Community. This is a simple and engaging private online community where you will help shape the experience for all T-Mobile customers - and get rewarded for it in return!

As a member, you will receive emails inviting you to participate in polls, short surveys, interviews, focus groups, and discussion boards where you can share your candid thoughts on a variety of topics. Your contributions will directly impact issues that matter to customers like yourself. In return, we will regularly share with you how your feedback is used, as well as reward you with gift cards for your time.

To become a member, please click the link below and answer a few quick questions. After this, you'll be invited to create an account with us to begin earning rewards. 

We look forward to going on this journey with you and can’t wait to hear your thoughts!

icon

Best answer by HeavenM 30 March 2023, 01:55

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Sounds legit to me. I went to the site and didn't see anything suspicious. And for what it's worth, you must be special. I didn't receive an invitation!

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Sounds legit to me. I went to the site and didn't see anything suspicious.

If the URL had “t-mobile.com”, like this community (community.t-mobile.com), I would agree.  But this has a different URL away from the t-mobile.com domain.

Whois seems suspect, as the website info was protected in Great Britain.

https://who.is/whois/t-mobilehomeinternetcommunity.com

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

looks fake no way to register, so looking for password info. only

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

It does look a little suspicious, and lacks the usual T-Mobile branding. 

Here is what Scam Advisers say:

https://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/t-mobilehomeinternetcommunity.com

I will not be going to the website.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

When in doubt, tag a mod. @tmo_ian@tmo_nic 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

doesnt make much sense seeing as how they have a forum already dedicated to home net through TMO.

https://community.t-mobile.com/tv-home-internet-7

like what special thing could it possibly have that would need a password protected area to post about TMO home net stuff?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey folks! I talked to some of our Insights teams about these emails. This is a legit program that we use to gather feedback by engaging directly with customers. It is only available by invitation and participants are selected randomly. 

We appreciate everyone being on guard against phishing threats. That is why I wanted to talk to our peeps and make them aware of what you all see and how you feel. I am glad that I was able to confirm 100% that the T-Mobile Home Internet Community is a T-Mobile owned thing and safe to use. 

All opinions are appreciated and valued, so if you didn’t get an invite to join that community, please continue to ask your questions, spread your knowledge, and share your experiences with us in this amazing Support Community. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

I am glad that I was able to confirm 100% that the T-Mobile Home Internet Community is a T-Mobile owned thing and safe to use.

Sure hope you are right.

Between the website outside the T-Mobile domain, WHOIS hidden info, Scam Advisor warning, Community Manager @tmo_nic  warning of non-affiliation, and @rb6285  verification with T-Mobile support of non-affiliation, it sure seemed suspect.

tmo_nic  Community Manager

This is not a T-Mobile affiliated product. I recommend people do not use that resource out of an abundance of concern and caution for their safety and security.

rb6285

I chatted with support and they confirmed it is not legit.