Question

Is there a way to force my home internet router to use LTE?

• 13 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

The 5G tower that our router connects to has no internet for several days now,  and T-mobile can't tell when they will fix this issue. But there is internet when LTE is used as I have confirmed using my T-mobile phones.

The router specs indicate it is capable of operating in LTE. Is there a way to force this router to look for LTE signal instead of connecting to 5G? I can't find it in the router admin.

4 replies

Bump, I’d like to be able to do this as well with my KVD21 gateway, as my 5G connection is super congested with a -3 SINR where I live

Bump - I’d like to do this as well…

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Look at the thread titled “No 5G signal after firmware updated to 100.18 arcadyan gateway”. LOL

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

There is no software control that people know of to force your connection to LTE or 5G, or for that matter which radio channel. 

But if you can open up the T-Mobile gateway box and disconnect M and M1 antennas from the circuit board, you may force the box to connect to LTE.  Conversely, if you remove D and M antenna connections, you may force the box connect to 5G N-41, if the signal is available.