Question

Just got a 5G Gateway, trying to split 2.4 and 5 ghz bands - no option, even in web UI

• 15 February 2022
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

There doesn't seem to be an option to split the 2.4 and 5ghz wifi bands anymore? In the manual for the gate way it says you can do it in the web UI, but when I log in there is no option for it. Same in the app. I have devices that can only run on 2.4 ghz, so I really need to have thia feature... any solutions?

15 replies

Hi. I shared the same frustration, but I was able to make a 2.4 connection

1) enter 192.168.12.1 on your web GUI

2) you will be prompted for your admin password - on the bottom of your gateway

3​​​​​) ​​select Network on the left side of the screen 

4) ​​​​​​​select WiFi network 

5)​​​​​​​ choose 2.4GHZ

6) give it a different name, like add a “-2” at the end of your network

Good luck!

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

There doesn't seem to be an option to split the 2.4 and 5ghz wifi bands anymore? In the manual for the gate way it says you can do it in the web UI, but when I log in there is no option for it.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi. I shared the same frustration, but I was able to make a 2.4 connection

1) enter 192.168.12.1 on your web GUI

2) you will be prompted for your admin password - on the bottom of your gateway

3​​​​​) ​​select Network on the left side of the screen 

4) select WiFi network 

5)​​​​​​​ choose 2.4GHZ

6) give it a different name, like add a “-2” at the end of your network

Good luck!

I tried this but the "Networks" options don't even show up. I actually spoke with a tech on the phone and they said that this is a brand new gateway and they don't have this option for this specific model yet. Quite frustrating.

Userlevel 1
Badge

There doesn't seem to be an option to split the 2.4 and 5ghz wifi bands anymore? In the manual for the gate way it says you can do it in the web UI, but when I log in there is no option for it.

Unfortunately I've tried all of this and there isn't an option to do it for the latest gateway model. Spoke to a tech who confirmed it's not a feature yet.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Unfortunately I've tried all of this and there isn't an option to do it for the latest gateway model. Spoke to a tech who confirmed it's not a feature yet.

It’s available, as the thread I pointed to shows.  The author appeared to have the same problem as yours, but with time it worked for him.

Maybe try another browser for the GUI?

Install your own router , and problem solved

Userlevel 1
Badge

It’s available, as the thread I pointed to shows.  The author appeared to have the same problem as yours, but with time it worked for him.

I've tried Chrome, Firefox and Edge, I don't have the "Network” card show up in any of the browsers. The tech specifically said that this gateway version is brand new and that he couldn't see the option on his side either, but that the option should hopefully be implemented in the next few days. So we'll see…

Maybe this helps?  Screen shot from my iPhone, using safari 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Maybe this helps?  Screen shot from my iPhone, using safari 

Yeah my screen looks nothing like that when I access the gateway via my browser. I don't even have a menu in that way.

I've tried Chrome, Firefox and Edge, I don't have the "Network” card show up in any of the browsers. The tech specifically said that this gateway version is brand new and that he couldn't see the option on his side either, but that the option should hopefully be implemented in the next few days. So we'll see…

I am having the same issues. Tried multiple computers and browsers still nothing. Factory rest 3 times now. Does anyone have any updates on this issue. 

I do not know if this is still a question but, in the T-Mobile Internet app, you have to click on the ‘Network’ tab and then click the Plus Sign. You can then create a second/third/fourth network with 2.4Ghz or different names or whatever you need. 

It is very simple to add the 2.4 ghz.  You go to your T-Mobile INTERNET app.  SIgn up if you don’t have it but this is what you use to connect your 5 ghz too.  Once you are in your app go to MANAGE YOU WI-FI Networks.  It should have the TMOBILE one that you created for your 5 GH.  Go into this one and see what the FREQUENCY BAND says.  You need to take it off of automatic and make it your 5 GHz.  

Then you simple go back to MANAGE YOUR WiFi NETWORKS and at the bottom hit the + sign and create a new one.  This is the one that you will make a 2.4 ghz wifi.   When you create the name for this 2.4 wifi YOU CAN NOT create a name with spaces.  I just did TMobile24 not sure if you can put a dot in there.  Once you create this you need to reboot your Router to have them both on there.  Look at your phone and see if it created both of them.

Hope this works for you!

Badge

I can’t thank you enough CynB !!!  I couldn’t for the life of me figure out how to separate the network bands.  There are no instructions inside the app or in the Google Play Store to show how it’s done.  I must confess that I’m not the sharpest tool in the shed but it should’ve been simpler for people like me.

There doesn't seem to be an option to split the 2.4 and 5ghz wifi bands anymore? In the manual for the gate way it says you can do it in the web UI, but when I log in there is no option for it. Same in the app. I have devices that can only run on 2.4 ghz, so I really need to have thia feature... any solutions?

It is very simple to add the 2.4 ghz.  You go to your T-Mobile INTERNET app.  SIgn up if you don’t have it but this is what you use to connect your 5 ghz too.  Once you are in your app go to MANAGE YOU WI-FI Networks.  It should have the TMOBILE one that you created for your 5 GH.  Go into this one and see what the FREQUENCY BAND says.  You need to take it off of automatic and make it your 5 GHz.  

Then you simple go back to MANAGE YOUR WiFi NETWORKS and at the bottom hit the + sign and create a new one.  This is the one that you will make a 2.4 ghz wifi.   When you create the name for this 2.4 wifi YOU CAN NOT create a name with spaces.  I just did TMobile24 not sure if you can put a dot in there.  Once you create this you need to reboot your Router to have them both on there.  Look at your phone and see if it created both of them.

Hope this works for you!

Hope this works for you!

I am trying this but the app wont let me change the “default” network. So I created a new 2.4 ghz but there is no way to alter the original dual band.