Solved

Just got TMobile Internet and can't connect to Streaming Services

Badge

Internet is lightning fast but I can’t connect to Netflix or Amazon Prime on any of our TV’s. Can’t even log into Netflix.com on my computer. Tech support is useless. Is there a simple fix or do I need to go back to Spectrum wifi?

icon

Best answer by Gooner65 15 June 2022, 21:54

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Were you able to get your TVs connected to the WIFI without any problems? It has to be either a local issue or with the tower equipment configuration. Without more specifics it is really hard to say. It is very curious that access to the Netflix account via the computer is also an issue. There are no outages reported for Netflix. I can hit both services here without issues so it is hard to say. 

I was having an issue connecting to Amazon Prime and one other.  I’m using a mesh router connected to my T-Mobile gateway. The issue was that I had manually assigned the primary and secondary DNS a server on ,y router.  I reset those to Auto and rebooted first my T-Mobile gateway and then my mesh router. That fixed my issue. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

No details about the solution so DNS is a good place to start. I run the Nokia alone and it has been very stable. I considered adding a mesh solution to it but I just haven’t needed to and of course I would not want to add more subscriptions so it works and doesn’t need fixing. 

Badge

I have great news - it turns out that our gateway is on our business account rather than a home account, so there was something on the router that blocked streaming services. They clicked a switch or did something at T-Mobile and everything works now, on our laptops and our three different TV’s. I know we all like to bag on customer service and tech support - but I’m giving a HUGE KUDOS to the T-Mobile folks. They figured it out and called me back to let me know it was fixed - and they stayed with me while I tested everything out. I’m super impressed with their customer support. Very rare these days.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

I have great news - it turns out that our gateway is on our business account rather than a home account, so there was something on the router that blocked streaming services. They clicked a switch or did something at T-Mobile and everything works now, on our laptops and our three different TV’s. I know we all like to bag on customer service and tech support - but I’m giving a HUGE KUDOS to the T-Mobile folks. They figured it out and called me back to let me know it was fixed - and they stayed with me while I tested everything out. I’m super impressed with their customer support. Very rare these days.

Do you mind telling us what the difference is for a business versus home service including how much it costs? If it has anything to do with higher guaranteed bandwidth and static IP, there are many in the community that would be interested in that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

That is good news! It would be interesting to know how they meter a business account vs a home account. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Small Business Internet General Terms: During congestion, Small Business Internet customers may notice speeds lower than other customers due to data prioritization. 
Depending upon the small business accounts one made a reference to streams at 480p so it really must depend on the level of small business account and how they set priorities. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

We have the Small Business Internet service. As far as I can tell there’s no difference between it and the home service. Cost is the same - $50 with auto pay. It’s the same gateway - we have the Nokia. We’ve had it almost 5 months now. Considerable savings over what Cox was charging and much faster.

Supposedly there’s a separate T-Mobile for Business Care, but we fortunately haven’t had the need to reach out to them. So, unknown whether you get better tech help/customer service or not.

We are using it at a business address, so assumed we needed a business account as that is typically the case. They did have to do a credit check for the business, so not sure what would be involved if the business is new and doesn’t have an established history.

Back to the original post, we do not have the same issue with Netflix on the computers. Never use it at the office, but just checked it and it works fine. We don’t have any smart TVs though.

Badge

I think Darko66 summed it up. $50 per month, same gateway - but if any business clients have issues with streaming services being blocked, hopefully this post will help them know that it’s an easy fix! 

Internet is lightning fast but I can’t connect to Netflix or Amazon Prime on any of our TV’s. Can’t even log into Netflix.com on my computer. Tech support is useless. Is there a simple fix or do I need to go back to Spectrum wifi?

I am now going through a router which provides a local IP address.  That was the issue that caused me problems.  Some streaming services require a location IP address.

@Gooner65 I had a problem once and it solve. I suggest you used your own router to plug in T-Mobile gateway to make it work for everything.

Badge

@Gooner65 I had a problem once and it solve. I suggest you used your own router to plug in T-Mobile gateway to make it work for everything.

T-Mobile fixed the issue without the need for me to get a router. All good here!

@Gooner65 good to hear your problem is solve. Thanks for letting me know.

When logging into Amazon Prime Video, I get a message that states “Your device is connected to the Internet, using a VPN or proxy service. Please disable it and try again.”  Neither T-Mobile, nor Amazon can figure out what the problem is. Does anybody else have this issue?

When logging into Amazon Prime Video, I get a message that states “Your device is connected to the Internet, using a VPN or proxy service. Please disable it and try again.”  Neither T-Mobile, nor Amazon can figure out what the problem is. Does anybody else have this issue?

Ive been researching last 3days w/o luck….tried everything….definitely started when I switched to tmobile from comcast...it is the tmoblile setup...no solution for many people

After googling for hours, I found the solution.  For my apple computer, opened Finder, clicked simultaneously on “Shift, Command, G”.  Typed in ~/Library/Caches and hit Enter.   List of these backup files popped up and deleted everything.  Working like a charm now.  Interestingly, a few of my friends informed me, I should be doing this frequently as it decreases the risk of getting bugs. Even more interestingly, neither T-Mobile, nor Amazon knew to tell me this.  Not sure how to access these files on PC’s but I’m sure a PC geek would easily be able to give instructions. Thanks for following up!

worked!  thank you...I had given up on googling.    so many have this issue on macs