Question

KVD21 Routing

• 16 June 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Can the routing be turned off on the Arcadyan?   If so, how?  I basically just want to use it as a gateway for my existing router.  

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Unfortunately no, you can’t disable DHCP for bridge mode so adding your own router will add another DHCP layer unless you use it in AP mode. You can disable the wifi on Arcadyan. There are YouTube videos on how to do that but requires running some scripts since there is no UI for that.

Userlevel 1
Badge

That does not solve the double NAT issue

That does not solve the double NAT issue

He is right.  We need a way to remove double NAT, so the gateway needs a bridge mode please.

I also want this feature. The configurations are very limited on the gateway. Its a simple plug in to my existing router, but now other features are broken due to double NAT issue.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I also want this feature. The configurations are very limited on the gateway. Its a simple plug in to my existing router, but now other features are broken due to double NAT issue.

Yep…T-mobile are playing tone deaf on this topic.

Any one try set using bash & changing “role” in devices {}? 

Agreed. The T-Mobile gateway is not as capable as the mesh routers many of us have. The double NAT issue is causing many IOT devices not to connect. You would think T-Mo would have thought about this before shipping a handicapped device. You can bet the OEM has this functionality in the device already, T-Mo just needs to expose it in the UI (such as it is.) Arg...