Latest Gateway Firmware Discussion

• 16 April 2021
  • 28 replies

Show first post

28 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Timsw I had not received the ‘1609’ update either. I contacted support via Twitter direct message @TMobileHelp. They attempted to push it and it failed. I power cycled the router and they pushed it again...successfully. Time will tell if it helps.

My point is that by contacting support I was able to get the firmware update.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

@TimswI had not received the ‘1609’ update either. I contacted support via Twitter direct message @TMobileHelp. They attempted to push it and it failed. I power cycled the router and they pushed it again...successfully. Time will tell if it helps.

My point is that by contacting support I was able to get the firmware update.

Yup, that’s how you can do it, and probably worth a try if you are among the people who want a 4G connection, because the 5G in your area is bad. Or they have the VPN issues mentioned in the T-Mo Report.

I would like to hear from people who get the update, if they notice any difference, speed improvement, stability, or whatever. So get back to us if you notice anything. 

Here in Hawaii my Nokia connects to B2 & N71, huge improvement in speed with the 1609 firmware.  My previous best speeds were 40 down/10 up ... now those are my absolute minimum speeds.  With the built-in WiFi my average is now 80/10. I no longer use the internal WiFi so I turned down the 2.4/5GHz transmission powers to 12%. 

I recently added an Ubiquiti Dream Machine Pro SE & WiFi 6 Lite Access point in a double NAT configuration and was surprised to see peaks at 250/70, average 140/40. Until Tmobile gives us bridge mode that’s how I roll my Nokia FG-21. 

I’m now a happy camper with Tmobile Internet.