Latest Gateway Firmware Discussion


Userlevel 1
Badge

Seems like for the NOK 5g21 gateway, as of today, the firmware number is 1.2003.03.0168.

If and when a newer version is released, please provide the version that is out.

Thanks!


34 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Timsw I had not received the ‘1609’ update either. I contacted support via Twitter direct message @TMobileHelp. They attempted to push it and it failed. I power cycled the router and they pushed it again...successfully. Time will tell if it helps.

 

My point is that by contacting support I was able to get the firmware update.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

@TimswI had not received the ‘1609’ update either. I contacted support via Twitter direct message @TMobileHelp. They attempted to push it and it failed. I power cycled the router and they pushed it again...successfully. Time will tell if it helps.

My point is that by contacting support I was able to get the firmware update.

Yup, that’s how you can do it, and probably worth a try if you are among the people who want a 4G connection, because the 5G in your area is bad. Or they have the VPN issues mentioned in the T-Mo Report.

I would like to hear from people who get the update, if they notice any difference, speed improvement, stability, or whatever. So get back to us if you notice anything. 

Badge

Here in Hawaii my Nokia connects to B2 & N71, huge improvement in speed with the 1609 firmware.  My previous best speeds were 40 down/10 up ... now those are my absolute minimum speeds.  With the built-in WiFi my average is now 80/10. I no longer use the internal WiFi so I turned down the 2.4/5GHz transmission powers to 12%. 

I recently added an Ubiquiti Dream Machine Pro SE & WiFi 6 Lite Access point in a double NAT configuration and was surprised to see peaks at 250/70, average 140/40. Until Tmobile gives us bridge mode that’s how I roll my Nokia FG-21. 

I’m now a happy camper with Tmobile Internet. 

 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

My gateway was upgraded (without any notification, mind you) to 1.2103.00.0338 a few weeks ago. No major issues with the internet service per se, but now the Home Internet app fails to show the list of devices attached to the network. I know my way around computers and can find workarounds, but this can be a big annoyance for most average users.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

My gateway was upgraded (without any notification, mind you) to 1.2103.00.0338 a few weeks ago. No major issues with the internet service per se, but now the Home Internet app fails to show the list of devices attached to the network. I know my way around computers and can find workarounds, but this can be a big annoyance for most average users.

I am also on 0338 and using android phone, I am seeing my devices, it’s showing the connection better, but I still can’t edit them. 

 

 

just noticed my trashcan, which had been running 1609 for months, very happily, is now running 1.2103.00.0338.  I'm currently experiencing what looks like throttling of download speeds at 1 MByte/s.  

 

Edit 2:. My bad!  Noticed somehow my Ethernet connection between trashcan and desktop was running 10Mb/s.  Power cycled desktop and 30second deep factory reset trashcan, got 1000Mb/s link back, Internet performance back up to acceptable speeds.  The throttling was gone. 

 

Edit:. Misspoke.  Previous version was 1609, throttling is 1MB, not 1Mb.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Power cycled desktop and 30second deep factory reset trashcan, got 1000Mb/s link back, Internet performance back up to acceptable speeds.  The throttling was gone. 

 

 

Am I reading this right, You are getting 1000mbps or are you getting 100mbps

 

Power cycled desktop and 30second deep factory reset trashcan, got 1000Mb/s link back, Internet performance back up to acceptable speeds.  The throttling was gone. 

 

 

Am I reading this right, You are getting 1000mbps or are you getting 100mbps

 

bock57,

Sorry, I’m being confusing!  The 1000mbps refers to the hardware link speed (that is, 1 gig-Ethernet).  Earlier, I’d seen the link speed drop down to the 1980’s level: 10mbps (10baseT)  So that explains why I thought I was seeing throttling, but the throttling was in the connection from my PC to the trashcan.  Deep-reset and reboot of the PC brought the link speed back up to gig-E, and I’ve been seeing roughly the same speeds I saw prior to getting the .0338 firmware.

I’m getting 120Mbit/sec down and 40Mbit/sec up at the best (3am-ish), and 60/20 at worst during mid-day.

So, .0338 is working OK for me

Thx

I found this page listing the firmware updates and notes: https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/firmware-updates--t-mobile-home-internet

 

Reply