Question

Login to hotspot gateway device

• 30 September 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

I am using the model FAST 5688W gateway and want to login to that to change SSID and wireless password. I cannot login via the gateway’s IP address of 192.168.12.1 (it brings a page says use the app to control the gateway). Any help will be great. Thanks,

6 replies

I just spoke with support and they confirmed that the admin feature was intentionally crippled on ALL their home internet devices. No more admin access. I’m canceling now...

Well, I downloaded the T-Mobile Home Internet app on my iPhone. I do see my gateway but I see no method for logging in with the ADMIN account. I’m at a loss on how to configure my Gateway now. It seems the only thing I can do is add another WiFi SSID and change the SSID passwords. On initial setup I was able to change the ADMIN password, but now I see no place that prompts me for my ADMIN log in.

Maybe I AM logged in as ADMIN but the interface just has very limited choices? On the MORE tab it looks like I can change the ADMIN password, that why I’m guessing I am logged in as ADMIN. I have the Sagemcom SEG Fast5688W gateway that I received on 4-27-23.

Time to call T-Mobile… thanks for your posts. 

So what good is is the admin password if there’s no admin access to the thing except through the app (I DETEST apps)?

I am having the same issue.  Not sure what changed because I have been able to log into the gateway in the past. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

You must use the T-Mobile home internet MOBILE APPLICATION. That is not in the WEB GUI of the newest gateway offering by T-Mobile. 

There was a firmware update to the Arcadyan that crippled the management. Goto the mobile application OR use one of Nater Tater’s back door workarounds. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Of the three T-Mobile 5G gateways only the Nokia still has management via the WEB GUI interface. The more recent Arcadyan and FAST 5688W both require the T-Mobile home internet mobile application for administrative management. 

The T-Mobile Home Internet mobile application ONLY provides wireless access to the gateways via the home internet WIFI network. The mobile app can be downloaded via the application store for the respective phone.