Question

mesh network

• 4 March 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge

Is it possible to connect a mesh network to the Home Internet router?

5 replies

Has anyone had any more knowledge about the Nokia mesh network devices being available?

It absolutely is. I have my Eero connected to it; working just fine. (YMMV.)

@justrick1701 - Care to explain how you configured eero? Seems when I use eero in addition to the WiFi router on the TM gateway, whenever I run a ookla speed test, my download speed is 5-10 mbps. With just the TM router, it is 110mbps.

Honestly didn’t configure anything… and I believe I’m getting the same speeds through Eero that I do when connecting directly to the gateway. (Now you’re making me think I should check again… :)

@justrick1701 I have a similar situation only I had 110mbps one time. My eero is bridged though - from the eero app, under settings / advanced, I set the DHCP & NAT to “Bridged” and restarted everything. Didn’t help! That one-time SPEEDTEST seems to be steady at 5-8mbps instead of 25-100 mbps. Very disappointed. Home Internet Tech folks still say it is congestion, but I live in a rural area and don’t buy this.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@justrick1701 - Care to explain how you configured eero? Seems when I use eero in addition to the WiFi router on the TM gateway, whenever I run a ookla speed test, my download speed is 5-10 mbps. With just the TM router, it is 110mbps.

Honestly didn’t configure anything… and I believe I’m getting the same speeds through Eero that I do when connecting directly to the gateway. (Now you’re making me think I should check again… :)

Userlevel 2
Badge