Question

My wifi isnt showing up on my laptop

• 2 September 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge

I keep turning my router and computer on and off again but my wifi won’t show up to connect for the first time on my laptop. Any suggestions?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Change the Encryption type to AES.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

You didn't happen to mention whether you have home internet or a mobile hotspot. Try a factory reset.

In the event that you don't have the WiFi switch on your PC or laptop like Acer swift 3 Linux, you can really take a look at it in your framework. 1) Right snap the Internet symbol, and snap Open Network and Sharing Center. 2) Click Change connector settings. 3) Right snap WiFi, and snap Enable.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Many people in this forum who had that problem solved it by updating the wifi drivers in their computers.  If you do a search of the forum, you’ll find there are a couple of different ways to update the drivers.

Do you mean on the wifi ? How ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Do you mean on the wifi ? How ?

When you setup the WiFi, there should be some options to chooice.  Auto for Encryption is never good.  That should be set to AES.  The 2.4GHz and 5GHz WiFi should be separated as well instead of combined.  

Hot spot won’t connect to anything!!! But I’m being charged!!! T-mobile is the worst!! No service all the time!! No service!!! Customer service can’t help!!!