Question

New 4-character Access-code for Tuesdays

• 20 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I use the 5G Internet but DO NOT have a T-Mobile phone.  When I attempt to use the Tuesday App (on my non T-Mobile phone) the App occasionally requires me to log-in again.  In order to do that, a 4-digit access-code is sent to my modem… which I must then enter into the App.  My modem is mounted on a very high shelf in order to obtain a good signal --- so I must then use a step-ladder to view the access-code.   QUESTION --- is it possible to obtain this access-code via a TEXT or an EMAIL instead?  If so, I could avoid using a potentially dangerous stepladder.  The currently scheme is not user-friendly.  

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

It must be via text to confirm that you are the person requesting access to the app to redeem promos.  

Userlevel 1
Badge

Well… yes… the TEXT is sent.  It arrives at the MODEM… which is located in an awkward location.  I had been wondering if this TEXT (or equivalent code) could be sent in an alternate manner… to a non-TM phone or to an email address.  The current scheme continues to be non-friendly since I use a step-ladder for each access.  (but if I relocate the modem to a lower/accessible location, then my signal is diminished)

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

It's a T-Mobile perk for T-Mobile customers.  To confirm eligibility and that it only applies to one sign in for the app.  It is a text to a T-Mobile number.  As an alternative, you could always bring your non-T-Mobile number to T-Mobile or add a new line to your T-Mobile account.

Badge

Download Whatsapp.  Load the phone number for your gateway into Whatsapp.  Texts will show up in your Whatsapp.

Userlevel 1
Badge

The WHATSAPP technique sounds interesting… but ???     I researched this and found several sources stating that the WHATSAPP needs to be installed on the “phone” receiving the original text.  If so, I cannot do that because that “phone” is only a dummy-number assigned to my modem.  REMEMBER - I don’t have a phone-account at TM.  

Please clarify… is it possibile to load WHATSAPP onto my non-TM phone so that it will then receive TEXT-messages from my gateway?  I am a newbie and somewhat uneasy when using cell-phone apps.   

At any rate, I appreciate your response.