Hello! received yesterday and installed the new 5G21-12W-A gateway. I have a number of questions:
- How do I know if I’m connected to 5G? The tmobile map says my location is 5G, but with only a “fair” signal. I get three bars. Is there anyway to know from the gateway if it’s 5G connected?
- That leads me to my next question: I had four TVs all streaming HD content with no issues. All connected via wifi on 5Ghz . No issues with buffering, pixelation, etc. However, when I go to speedtest.net, it tells me that my connection is roughly 40Mbps. Those two tests don’t really match up. Thoughts? I’m sure one thought is, I’m not on 5G, but how can I run 4 TV with HD content on 40Mbps? Doesn’t make sense.
- Hulu Live TV: Found that Hulu Live TV does not work on my Amazon FireTV devices. Complains about location. I called Hulu support and they told me that the IP address that I have with tmobile is not allowed because “it’s mobile.” I told them this is a home gateway, yes, connects to a cell tower, but it’s home internet with a gateway. The funny thing is the Hulu app on my phone works (via wifi) and so does the Hulu app on my laptop. Does Hulu have it out for Amazon and TMobile? So, testing YouTube TV now. So far, pretty nice.
- Where do I find the latest firmware version?
- Sometimes I have big problems with getting data to display in the dashboard, and the same with the tmobile app. Anyone else?
- (not really a question) I too am disappointed that there are no advanced wifi options (port forwarding, firewall config, etc). I may end up getting a wifi router and put it AP mode if that becomes a problem. Tmobile needs to rethink that I think.