Question

New Gateway Set up Password Not Working

Badge

I am new and trying to set up my gateway. I followed all the steps, but the administrator password is not working. I have tried multiple times and also did a factory reset. Can anyone help me? :)

12 replies

Badge

Hi, we have tried to find all possible reasons and have tried to collate all technical fixes here to sort out the issue. I hope it helps you to fix the issue smoothly.

T-Mobile Home Internet setup app cannot communicate with router automatically and will not accept the WiFi password (reports “invalid password”).  It simply does not work.  It appears that no help is to be had here.  

Having same problem can’t log into my internet as admin at all . I do have internet but so does everyone in the place I live which sucks! Help I need to log back into it . Lost it when I went to Fl just thought it was becuz I wasn’t around the internet router or something. But Nope , not the case. Im gonna take my box back and get a different one cuz no one can tell me what it is

Had a similar issue setting up the gateway. I plugged it in, turned it on and used my phone to scan the QR code to download the T-Mobile-internet app. As soon as the app gets to enter admin password, it says it is incorrect. Tried numerous times. I am using the correct admin password. I factory reset my device and that did not work. I factory reset the admin password and then got the prompt to contact customer support because of an issue. Still unable to log into the app to change the crazy long wifi password. 

I have the same issue.And I have solved the problem without calling tech.

I simply plugged  in my old router from ATT and took the T Mobile back.I now understand why it is inexpensive and I will not spend hours on the phone with someone who can't speak English.

Userlevel 2

None of the passwords on mine work either. I'm now on hold...on a Saturday. Urgh.

I’m having the exact same problem.  Took a picture of the passwords on the back of the device.  Tried them both multiple times.  No connection.

My password on gateway not recognized, even though it worked before.  What do I do?

I keep trying my Wi-Fi password to set up my tv and it saids its invalid. I just don’t get it 

I just need to know what is my password for my internet ? Surely there is a page like all services that has your name address password and all wifi info on it that I can print out and tape to wall beside router right?

Nothing works no matter how many times you type in the password What gives? Don’t tell me I’m typing it in wrong because I am not after 25 times of trying 

There are two different passwords on the bottom of your Gateway. One is for the Admin and one for the WiFi. I got confused when I couldn’t log in as well. Take a photo of the sticker with your cell. It’s easier to enlarge and read…

Hope that helps you.