New here! Here is your fix for connection issues and thermal throttling!

• 26 September 2021
  • 8 replies

Badge

I have posted in some other threads on what to do to fix it.  Please update your firmware by factory resetting it before attempting the below. But the firmware was just one part of the issue. It's the temps and wifi interference that's causing it all . Multiple YouTube vids proving my hypothesis.

Here is the short version.

1.Buy a fan 120mm with usb-C connector from Amazon $15  that has pads on bottom. Also a can of PC parts duster.

2.Unplug modem.

3.Flip modem over and take screws out. 

4.Take out sim.

5. Remove battery from modem(keep it just in case u need to send back).

6. Put back together and sim in it.

Plug in.

7. Place on top of fan with air blowing through and out the top.Fan plugs into usb-C port.

8. Turn off internal wifi said and get an external Wi-Fi 6 mesh system. This is a process that takes a few minutes. There are like 12 SSIDs to turn off. Why they are all broadcasting by default is beyond me.(If you have multiple users it causes it to thermal throttle and the built in wifi router causes massive interference problems .) I suggest TpLink Deco, Tenda, or anything Netgear Nighthawk mesh. Google wifi eero(yuck) ECT.

9. Enjoy your internet worry free . Dust it once a week or so to keep it clean.

I'm here to help anytime.

Please reach out if you need help. I will be modding my 5G router for external antennas  to get the most out of it but the above fixes 99% of users issues .

Mesh network if you don't own one is about $80 to $300 depends on what you wanna spend .

Fan is $15

Yes it will take some time but the built in wifi router (not their great 5g modem inside) is just not great. It overheats with a load on it, as does the modem which thermal throttles. The above should remedy MOST people's issues and if it still doesn't work, replace the battery, and send it back ! 

Hope this helps y'all! Hit me up if you need help or was as frustrated as myself with no real help out there !

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

The above should remedy MOST people's issues and if it still doesn't work, replace the battery, and send it back ! 

Why do you recommend the removal of the battery?

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

80mm fan works best as it fits inside the bottom is more stable and no need to seal as it directs the flow right in I have a few post on this.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Here is a pic.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I put an 80mm fan underneath and sealed it with a velcro band. Disabled SSIDs.  I would like the option of having Internet during a power loss but since the switch and mesh would be off with no SSID broadcast anyway, I can’t  think of any reason not to remove the battery. Will do that and see if it helps. As it is with just what I’ve done so far, I have no connection issues or heat problems I’m aware of.

Badge

Come on. I don’t believe most people can make this fix. Why can’t

T-Mobile service my device to fix it? Please?

Userlevel 2
Badge

I do not see where to turn on the Mesh-wifi on. I turned most off and leaving one 2.4 GHz for my cameras/door bells, one 5G and one for guest.

Badge

Any thoughts on disabling the GPS other than pulling the green antenna cable? Is it worth opening

up the can?

Badge

I have posted in some other threads on what to do to fix it.  Please update your firmware by factory resetting it before attempting the below. But the firmware was just one part of the issue. It's the temps and wifi interference that's causing it all . Multiple YouTube vids proving my hypothesis.

Here is the short version.

1.Buy a fan 120mm with usb-C connector from Amazon $15  that has pads on bottom. Also a can of PC parts duster.

2.Unplug modem.

3.Flip modem over and take screws out. 

4.Take out sim.

6. Put back together and sim in it.

Plug in.

7. Place on top of fan with air blowing through and out the top.Fan plugs into usb-C port.

8. Turn off internal wifi said and get an external Wi-Fi 6 mesh system. This is a process that takes a few minutes. There are like 12 SSIDs to turn off. Why they are all broadcasting by default is beyond me.(If you have multiple users it causes it to thermal throttle and the built in wifi router causes massive interference problems .) I suggest TpLink Deco, Tenda, or anything Netgear Nighthawk mesh. Google wifi eero(yuck) ECT.

9. Enjoy your internet worry free . Dust it once a week or so to keep it clean.

I'm here to help anytime.

Please reach out if you need help. I will be modding my 5G router for external antennas  to get the most out of it but the above fixes 99% of users issues .

Mesh network if you don't own one is about $80 to $300 depends on what you wanna spend .

Fan is $15

Yes it will take some time but the built in wifi router (not their great 5g modem inside) is just not great. It overheats with a load on it, as does the modem which thermal throttles. The above should remedy MOST people's issues and if it still doesn't work, replace the battery, and send it back ! 

Hope this helps y'all! Hit me up if you need help or was as frustrated as myself with no real help out there !

I have the sagemcon and have to use shell command to turn off wifi. I only see 1 - 2. 4 and 1 - 5 g to be turned off. Am I missing something to turn off others? Everyone is saying multiples but I don't see any. I am using a nighthawk  r7000 as a router but not sure if I did that correctly either. Help?