I have posted in some other threads on what to do to fix it. Please update your firmware by factory resetting it before attempting the below. But the firmware was just one part of the issue. It's the temps and wifi interference that's causing it all . Multiple YouTube vids proving my hypothesis.
Here is the short version.
1.Buy a fan 120mm with usb-C connector from Amazon $15 that has pads on bottom. Also a can of PC parts duster.
3.Flip modem over and take screws out.
4.Take out sim.
5. Remove battery from modem(keep it just in case u need to send back).
6. Put back together and sim in it.
7. Place on top of fan with air blowing through and out the top.Fan plugs into usb-C port.
8. Turn off internal wifi said and get an external Wi-Fi 6 mesh system. This is a process that takes a few minutes. There are like 12 SSIDs to turn off. Why they are all broadcasting by default is beyond me.(If you have multiple users it causes it to thermal throttle and the built in wifi router causes massive interference problems .) I suggest TpLink Deco, Tenda, or anything Netgear Nighthawk mesh. Google wifi eero(yuck) ECT.
9. Enjoy your internet worry free . Dust it once a week or so to keep it clean.
I'm here to help anytime.
Please reach out if you need help. I will be modding my 5G router for external antennas to get the most out of it but the above fixes 99% of users issues .
Mesh network if you don't own one is about $80 to $300 depends on what you wanna spend .
Fan is $15
Yes it will take some time but the built in wifi router (not their great 5g modem inside) is just not great. It overheats with a load on it, as does the modem which thermal throttles. The above should remedy MOST people's issues and if it still doesn't work, replace the battery, and send it back !
Hope this helps y'all! Hit me up if you need help or was as frustrated as myself with no real help out there !