Question

No admin console on Arcadyan KVD21 internet gateway.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I see other users posting pictures of the admin console for the Arcadyan internet gateway. But it doesn’t show up on mine. All I get is the home “status” page; no option to log in to admin console, no option to modify wifi settings, etc (see screenshot).  I’ve tried doing a factory reset and went through the setup process a second time - still no change. What is going on here? Why can’t I get an admin console for this device?

19 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

I see other users posting pictures of the admin console for the Arcadyan internet gateway. But it doesn’t show up on mine. All I get is the home “status” page; no option to log in to admin console, no option to modify wifi settings, etc (see screenshot).  I’ve tried doing a factory reset and went through the setup process a second time - still no change. What is going on here? Why can’t I get an admin console for this device?

What happens if you zoom down (80-90%) on your browser?

I’m having the same issue. Zooming out made no difference btw.

Same here.

I kept getting disconnected from the Nokia hub and was told this one was better.

I had the bands separated on the Nokia.  Can’t use the GUI on this one to do the same.

Have a ticket open. Nothing has been done.

The GUI opens to the same page as the OP. There is no wi-fi option box. Nor does it give an option to login, except at the top of the page where it says: My account. 

That brings me to my Bill pay, add devices, etc. 

the http://192.168.12.1 only opens a page with Connection Status, Quality, Gateway Info and another box to get the phone app at Apple or Google.

I have been on the phone with them now for a long time. They keep asking me to open a new browser and type it in. I have used Google and duckduckgo and it is not the browser(s).  The above address only goes to a static page with a drop down menu to choose English or Spanish. 

This is frustrating because with have things (like smart lights) that only work/see 2.4

I can see that I am not alone in this problem.

Userlevel 1

Post is a month old but just in case others have the same question. Just started testing this unit out on a trial.  I experienced the same issue and found that only through the app can you access the WIFI settings but over all it is VERY limited and frustrating for the more advanced users who desire to use bridge mode without any WiFi broadcast.

Userlevel 1

There is a method to turn off Wi-Fi. Check out YouTube and the channel Nater Tater. I was able to do so.  

A clear response to this question (192.168.12.1 not opening the admin page) would be nice.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

A clear response to this question (192.168.12.1 not opening the admin page) would be nice.

I believe a recent firmware update for the Arcadyan gateway removed the browser based admin page (for what little it was worth). I think the gateway can only be controlled via the T-Mobile internet app now. It’s discussed in other threads I believe.

Greetings:

I believe Darko66 has the correct answer.  It appears an update to the devices ‘borked’ the management function from any web browser.  The question is if it was intentional or an accident caused when T-Mobile developers added features to the gateway devices. 

If you use the android phone app, you can access all of the controls you had previously as well as the new features recently added.  Personally, I find it disturbing that the controls and admin login functions are no longer available through a web browser and hope to see them return soon. 

Just for the record, I attempted to access the web browser admin console from multiple operating systems, multiple web browsers and both wired and wireless connections.  The only option I could find to manage the gateway was through the phone app.

Best of Luck.

I spoke to tech support about 2 weeks ago and they said that the administration function can only be done through the app and is very limited, no more turning on or off settings or changing or adding mtu calculations. I personally can't shut my wifi settings off but am connected to my eros network throughout the house.

I don’t have access to the network admin web page as well. I don’t like to use my cell phone to configure the network. Real bummer. :(  I am using a DECO mesh network. 

To T-Mobile software Engineers!!

Please add the router admin functions in the phone app to Internet Browser control. At the very least add the connected devices. Using the phone to look at the devices in the home network is a real pain.

Thank You

If there is a problem with the WiFi I can’t connect from the iPhone but I can connect from my Mac via the wired ethernet. Too bad the console doesn’t work, the only thing one can do is a power off reset.

I got my T-Mobile Home Gateway Arcadyan KVD21 yesterday and was shocked to learn that there is no admin login possible via the web interface. Luckily I found https://github.com/christopherjnelson/Arcadyan-5G-Web-Admin which you can just run locally and which uses the API (basically like the phone app) to control this gateway.

I was able to run this on my iMac (Ventura). However, the Terminal spews out a flood of warning messages when the ‘npm install’ and ‘npm start’ commands are entered.

I was able to run this on my iMac (Ventura). However, the Terminal spews out a flood of warning messages when the ‘npm install’ and ‘npm start’ commands are entered.

That’s normal after the first start. Most of the warnings should go away after the second start.

Badge

Greetings:

I believe Darko66 has the correct answer.  It appears an update to the devices ‘borked’ the management function from any web browser.  The question is if it was intentional or an accident caused when T-Mobile developers added features to the gateway devices. 

If you use the android phone app, you can access all of the controls you had previously as well as the new features recently added.  Personally, I find it disturbing that the controls and admin login functions are no longer available through a web browser and hope to see them return soon. 

Just for the record, I attempted to access the web browser admin console from multiple operating systems, multiple web browsers and both wired and wireless connections.  The only option I could find to manage the gateway was through the phone app.

Best of Luck.

Only on the app of your phone, there is admin function.

That’s normal after the first start. Most of the warnings should go away after the second start.

Thanks, you’re correct, no warnings on subsequent starts.

I got my T-Mobile Home Gateway Arcadyan KVD21 yesterday and was shocked to learn that there is no admin login possible via the web interface. Luckily I found https://github.com/christopherjnelson/Arcadyan-5G-Web-Admin which you can just run locally and which uses the API (basically like the phone app) to control this gateway.

How do I download or run this? In uncharted territory but trying to find a workaround for the cgnat with tmhi so I can game online again.

How do I download or run this? In uncharted territory but trying to find a workaround for the cgnat with tmhi so I can game online again.

The instructions to be entered into a terminal/console are in https://github.com/christopherjnelson/Arcadyan-5G-Web-Admin#instructions which means you need to have git and npm  installed. How to do this depends on your system, if you use Windows I heard chocolatey is a good package manager? Although for two dependencies, you probably could also just install them directly from https://git-scm.com/ and https://nodejs.org/en/download.

I doubt though that it’ll help with the cgnat problem, since the options are still very limited. Basically the only additional option compared to the app seems to be that one is able to disable the WiFi radio channels (although there seems to be a bug, since my 5 GHz Radio channel is still shown as “enabled”, but I suppose it’s just a UI issue, since it indeed seems to be gone as far as I can see).