Question

no internet

Badge
  • First activity
  • 0 replies

Having issues connecting to my internet...it says connected but no internet and I've already restarted my router

16 replies

I was just about to write this! Same over here... I've done everything I can think of. Did you end up finding a solution? Tyia!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

If the message is connected but no internet the cellular signals may be down. It could be the gateway does not receive the cellular signals OR it might be a possible SIM card issue. Usually if there is a problem with the SIM card it will produce an error condition. Scroll through the menu options on the LED screen to see if there are any alarms or notifications reported. If you cannot see clear indication the cellular signal(s) are delivered it might be worth reseating the SIM. To do so you would want to first power off the gateway. After it is powered down then you can carefully remove and re-insert the SIM card into the tray. The SIM card has a notch on one corner and only fits into the SIM carrier in the single orientation. After the SIM is reseated power it up and watch the LED screen. If you see the bars reporting the signal strength for the cellular connections then you should/may be good to go. 

I have seen the same messaging when the cellular signals are down. Sometimes a gateway reboot will allow the gateway to connect again. If the problem is with no signal from the tower then a reboot nor investigation with the SIM will help. Then it is time to check https://downdetector.com from another device that has internet service and check if service is up or down. If it is down all you can do is call T-Mobile and wait. If there is an alien invasion take cover.

Thank you very much!!! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Just suggestions. It is not clear why your internet is not there. Try also if you are connected to ping one of the DNS servers like quad9s 9.9.9.9 or others. If you can ping your 192.168.12.1 gateway address that is a start. If there are DNS issues due to name resolution that could be a factor as well. Just things to confirm.

If you have an ethernet cable and your client supports wired ethernet then connect with an Ethernet cable and see if that works or not.

But what about the aliens 👽

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Just dont piss them off. 😎 Make friends and obtain new TECH for becoming a billionaire!

Userlevel 1

After several calls, I still have intermittent internet. It can be no internet, 0 mbs to a speedy 120 mbs. 3 bars, I won’t even think about switching my phone service till I see results.  It’s been since late last year and frankly I am at the giving up stage.  Last trial fix was separate TVs to 2.4 mhz and IOT to 5.0 mhz, still no improvement. Fix it or get out of the business.  No way to run an internet service. I wonder if the phone service is as troublesome?  Patience is thin.

Badge

I got the same thing connected but no internet. Rebooted checked Sim card it finally came back up but now really slow speed and I'm in a 5G UC area. Even repositioned the gateway and still slow or no internet. Never had an issue until now.

Userlevel 1

After several calls, I still have intermittent internet. It can be no internet, 0 mbs to a speedy 120 mbs. 3 bars, I won’t even think about switching my phone service till I see results.  It’s been since late last year and frankly I am at the giving up stage.  Last trial fix was separate TVs to 2.4 mhz and IOT to 5.0 mhz, still no improvement. Fix it or get out of the business.  No way to run an internet service. I wonder if the phone service is as troublesome?  Patience is thin.

1 Month Later After numerous calls and complaints the availability of internet has been steady, I am cautious as I write this because the promised upgrades are not completed after months of promises.  The folks at the call center could not be any nicer and empathetic and communicate my issues, but I never hear from anyone in the states and the local store management are not informed of problems and timeline for repairs.  I believe we deserve better service and emails relating to our issues and when work is being done or will be done on the nearest towers we are tied to.  

1 Month Later After numerous calls and complaints the availability of internet has been steady, I am cautious as I write this because the promised upgrades are not completed after months of promises.  The folks at the call center could not be any nicer and empathetic and communicate my issues, but I never hear from anyone in the states and the local store management are not informed of problems and timeline for repairs.  I believe we deserve better service and emails relating to our issues and when work is being done or will be done on the nearest towers we are tied to.  

May I ask what they finally did? We're still in our 1 week trial phase and experiencing the same thing. The T Mobile app shows everything is great, but our devices say no internet. I'm calling in the morning and am curious if there are some specific words I need to use so someone knows what to do. Thanks!

Userlevel 1

If the message is connected but no internet the cellular signals may be down. It could be the gateway does not receive the cellular signals OR it might be a possible SIM card issue. Usually if there is a problem with the SIM card it will produce an error condition. Scroll through the menu options on the LED screen to see if there are any alarms or notifications reported. If you cannot see clear indication the cellular signal(s) are delivered it might be worth reseating the SIM. To do so you would want to first power off the gateway. After it is powered down then you can carefully remove and re-insert the SIM card into the tray. The SIM card has a notch on one corner and only fits into the SIM carrier in the single orientation. After the SIM is reseated power it up and watch the LED screen. If you see the bars reporting the signal strength for the cellular connections then you should/may be good to go. 

I have seen the same messaging when the cellular signals are down. Sometimes a gateway reboot will allow the gateway to connect again. If the problem is with no signal from the tower then a reboot nor investigation with the SIM will help. Then it is time to check https://downdetector.com from another device that has internet service and check if service is up or down. If it is down all you can do is call T-Mobile and wait. If there is an alien invasion take cover.

I'm on my second tmobile  gateway. Every fix recommended  seems to make it worse. Worked fine at first, now I only get a good connection for about four hours.  8am till noon. After that my internet connectionis intermittent. Tmobile sucks rocks

Userlevel 1

I'm on my second tmobile gateway. Every fix recommended seems to make it worse. Worked fine at first, now I only get a good connection for about four hours. 8am till noon. After that my internet connectionis intermittent. Tmobile sucks rocks

We have the same issue.  Going on 4 weeks and over 20 hours on the phone with tech support.  We had a Nokia round grey unit at first which worked for about a year.  We upgraded our plan and the unit was replaced with a black rectangular unit (bad choice we know now)  Since then, we have had intermittent service (“connected - no internet”).  We have had the unit replaced twice.  We have 5 bars (“excellent power”).  We can see the tower out our window, about a 1/8 mile away.  We have had the “tower reset”, the unit “factory reset”, reseated the sim card, relocated the unit (we even put it outside where it is colder.  All of this results in the same intermittent service - works for several hours sometimes and several minutes other times.  Here is my guess at the problem:  since we have a very strong signal, I believe the “carrier signal” from the tower to my unit is great, but the “modulation, i.e. data” is corrupted by a noisy circuitry in the Gateway unit, or the “new - black box” Gateway design is more sensitive to noisy signals (modulation data) from the tower.  I think Tmobile has been selling the Gateways like gang-busters and needed a batch of new Gateways quickly.  The “new” vendor tried to duplicate the original design but missed the mark in the “filtering circuitry” in the new design.  I have gotten to a level 3 tech support person who “kind of” understands the issue, but I don’t think the issue we are all experiencing has filtered down (small pun) to the appropriate engineering folks.  My current status:  Connected without internet

We have the same issue.  Going on 4 weeks and over 20 hours on the phone with tech support.  We had a Nokia round grey unit at first which worked for about a year.  We upgraded our plan and the unit was replaced with a black rectangular unit (bad choice we know now)  Since then, we have had intermittent service (“connected - no internet”).  We have had the unit replaced twice.  We have 5 bars (“excellent power”).  We can see the tower out our window, about a 1/8 mile away.  We have had the “tower reset”, the unit “factory reset”, reseated the sim card, relocated the unit (we even put it outside where it is colder.  All of this results in the same intermittent service - works for several hours sometimes and several minutes other times.  Here is my guess at the problem:  since we have a very strong signal, I believe the “carrier signal” from the tower to my unit is great, but the “modulation, i.e. data” is corrupted by a noisy circuitry in the Gateway unit, or the “new - black box” Gateway design is more sensitive to noisy signals (modulation data) from the tower.  I think Tmobile has been selling the Gateways like gang-busters and needed a batch of new Gateways quickly.  The “new” vendor tried to duplicate the original design but missed the mark in the “filtering circuitry” in the new design.  I have gotten to a level 3 tech support person who “kind of” understands the issue, but I don’t think the issue we are all experiencing has filtered down (small pun) to the appropriate engineering folks.  My current status:  Connected without internet

Exact same issue in AZ. Not sure what to do here. We are on our 2nd unit and get the “connected no internet connection” message. No bars are lit up at all. 

Same issue here in Oklahoma. Did all troubleshooting. Three new modems. New sims. No relief. Been with T-Mobile almost ten years and won’t be back 

Same in TX.  It’s up then down then up then down within 2 minutes at times!  What to do?

Resets don’t solve the problem.  I bought a new phone - and now it’s WORSE on the TMobile S23 Ultra that it was with my old Note!