Question

nok 5g21 Home Wifi Upnp

• 8 January 2021
  • 36 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Has anyone had any luck enabling it or finding a way to enable it? I just got it today and my Xbox is saying it’s not successful and I can’t find anyway to enable UPnP on this router. 

36 replies

Any luck anyone?

Incase you are still having issues, the issue is the Xbox. It's not properly reading the NAT. Section "Test NAT type" repeatedly till it says NAT is open

Read my message above I responded.

I can’t seem to connect my Xbox 1 at all. It worked fine for a few days and then it stopped connecting. Says it can’t connect yet everyones mobile devices, tvs and two laptops can but my sons gaming PC’s can not. I also use T-Mobile for my cell service and what a joke. I LITERALLY NEVER HAVE SERVICE anywhere which is unacceptable when your a mother of teenagers. Totally unreliable, don’t waste your time or money. I will be cancelling

I’ve been using T-mobile home internet for about a month now and have had a lot of problems playing on xbox live. I read somewhere on one of these forums that you need to go to your network settings on xbox and continuously “test again” the NAT type until the NAT type states “open”. At this point the UPnP should be enabled. My NAT type always ‘starts’ on moderate so I’m not sure if this will work if your NAT type is initially closed. This has been a very consistent solution for me as it has worked for me every time I play online. Unfortunately, you need to do this every time you turn on your xbox and want to play online - but it only takes 1-3 tries (20 seconds/test). I’m not sure if this fixes chats, etc. though. 

Godspeed friends. 

It’s not working for me

Any luck anyone?

Incase you are still having issues, the issue is the Xbox. It's not properly reading the NAT. Section "Test NAT type" repeatedly till it says NAT is open

Read my message above I responded.

On average how many times did it take you to switch it over?  Mines stuck on strict and I’ve tested it over and over.

Amazing this is still an issue for over 2 years. We just switched to T-Mobile 5g home internet and I’m having the EXACT same problem. Everything in the house connects fine except my Xbox Series X and two Canon wifi printers that won’t connect at all - but those worked thru an wifi extender. The Xbox connects but won’t allow party chats and weirdly Xbox 360 compatible games - they’ll work fine for a few minutes then I’m booted out with an error message. I’ve tried the NAT type changes but it stays on “strict” - a few times I’ve gotten it to moderate and once to open once it tried playing I was booted out again as if nothing changed. My wife switched us to this madness to save a buck over our older ATT wifi but now Im missing it - it was slower but it worked fine. If anyone can find a permanent solution please share Im all ears.

THIS IS THE ANSWER (according to Tech Support)

I called T-Mobile twice and with my dad’s help, we think we have the answer to the big question. I’ve had the same problems with my Xbox Series X; the internet works, but the NAT type is Strict and the UPnP is Not successful, and I keep getting kicked out of Xbox Live Party Chats, and also have had match-making issues. After being ping-ponged back and forth through tech support, we were told that the T Mobile 5G Gateway’s public IP address changes (sometimes often) because it could connect to different cell towers. Because of that, static IP address, UPnP, or NAT/Port forwarding, cannot be configured on T-Mobile’s 5G Gateways. Below is a link that the T-Mobile tech provided us. In the link below, the “Gaming” section specifically states that UPNP cannot be configured. It appears that for T-Mobile’s 5G Gateways, this will not likely be fixed. We have not researched any other options yet.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/home-internet/connect?utm_source=Homework&utm_medium=email

Okay personally i have xbox series x and it gives me moderate nat type and about the upnp but i dont have any in game issues at all its great connection i havent used party chat but i will try that today and see what goes on. I use it through ethernet to a 5 port ethernet switch to whatever devices i desire to connect with. If my party chat works and ill reply to confirm maybe its best to maybe or maybe not invest into a switch box. Ive recently been trying the internet and am pleased overall with the services it gives but on the downside it has no advanced settings but basic. Great product for your basic and average needs.

Any luck anyone?

It was definitely this, thanks a ton!

Can confirm this works and will need to be done daily as i believe the dhcp resets every 24 hours am having no issues with any devices including pc xbox and streaming 

Here’s what I wrote it should help everyone! 

I'm not sure why but can't view this