Question

Online account access

• 7 January 2022
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Spent hours yesterday in 3 different departments trying to set up “T-Mobile ID” so I could log in and see the bill, which the original salesperson lied about. Somehow, through this forum, finally tried setup on a slightly different page where the phone number was optional and it seemed to work. I even got an email to that effect. Now I apparently can log in to T-Mobile, but when I try to actually do anything related to my account, such as viewing my bill, I am asked to enter my phone number for verification. Then it repeatedly asks me to check that I entered correctly and I get nowhere. Apparently it still wants a T-Mobile number and I only have home internet service.

14 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Spent hours yesterday in 3 different departments trying to set up “T-Mobile ID” so I could log in and see the bill, which the original salesperson lied about. Somehow, through this forum, finally tried setup on a slightly different page where the phone number was optional and it seemed to work. I even got an email to that effect. Now I apparently can log in to T-Mobile, but when I try to actually do anything related to my account, such as viewing my bill, I am asked to enter my phone number for verification. Then it repeatedly asks me to check that I entered correctly and I get nowhere. Apparently it still wants a T-Mobile number and I only have home internet service.

This is the EXACT same problem I have that has been going on for the past year and no fix. They are blaming it on that I didn’t have a T-mobile phone number before I got my trashcan. They said they promised over and over it would be fixed within the month, THEY LIED!  NEVER GOT FIXED and to this day it’s still doing the same thing. To circumvent this problem they just send me my paper bill and since Im signed up for auto pay I don’t have to access the account. This it T-MOBILES way of FIXING something.. TERRIBLE! I feel for you but until they do something we screwed!  If they do fix it for you I would love to hear how please..

Userlevel 1
Badge

I called 844 275-9310. To my surprise, the person I talked with was able to quickly set up my account so that I could log in without a verification code sent to a T-Mobile number. I have logged into My T-Mobile and viewed my billing and account information. She said that, in the future, I shouldn't be asked for a T-Mobile number again. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I called 844 275-9310. To my surprise, the person I talked with was able to quickly set up my account so that I could log in without a verification code sent to a T-Mobile number. I have logged into My T-Mobile and viewed my billing and account information. She said that, in the future, I shouldn't be asked for a T-Mobile number again. 

Wow ..Ok I will give it a try  thank you

Wow ..Ok I will give it a try  thank you

Any success? I’ve spoken with three different people, each of whom said they needed to send the case to the engineers and that they’d call me back the next day, with no call back happening. Guessing it depends on who answers the phone but curious if those who’ve had success with this have anything specific to share from the phone interaction that can help those of us still not able to access

Badge

Calling the number was the way to go. I explained the issue regarding being unable to make an account because I am only a 5g home internet user and that it is a widespread problem. Then told her someone on the official forums stated the only way is to call this number and have them set up an account.

The rep who answered was able to set up my account in five minutes after a few verification questions like number and pin. Thanks! 

This only works if you already have a pin. Where did you get the pin from?

I tried this, and the woman who answered tried to set up my account, but she *also* got an error code. She created a ticket and claimed IT will work on it in 1-2 business days. Beyond frustrating. Anyone got any other tips?

Still not able to get this to work. This is terrible and widespread from T-mobile.

Userlevel 1

I have a similar problem. I have a legacy Pay As You Good account which I use for 2FA only. I’ve had the account for years.  Once a year I purchase a phone minutes card and load it with whatever amount required to maintain 100 minutes.  Last week I purchase the T-Mobile 5G Home Internet which is working just fine.  My issue is establishing a second account for this product.  I have all the required numbers, account, PIN, subscriber and phone. Every time I try the setup a new ID their system responds with, I already have an ID. Their system is trying to place this product into an account that has a different account number.

I was fortunate enough to speak with a tech rep at the 844-275-9310 who toke the time to duplicate what I experienced and confirmed after hours of trying that the issue requires an engineering solution.  She created a ticket # 58752623, documented the issue and submitted to the engineering support group; that was three business days ago.  She did say it would take 3 to 5 business days to resolve and she would get back to me.

Yesterday I received my first bill by gateway tower message, no email; that was a surprise along with an included a $1.16 fee on my billed amount.  I’ll wait the 2 more business days for them to resolve my account ID issue; if they don’t, I’ll request an RMA for the hardware and end this.

I tried this, and the woman who answered tried to set up my account, but she *also* got an error code. She created a ticket and claimed IT will work on it in 1-2 business days. Beyond frustrating. Anyone got any other tips?

To my surprise, opening a ticket worked, albeit in a somewhat circuitous way. Basically, T-Mobile handled my ticket by deleting the ID that I created for the forum when I was trying to find a workaround for the fact that my email wasn’t being recognized when I tried to make an ID other ways. So, when I called 844-275-9310 today to check on the status of my ticket, the person who answered was able to quickly create a new ID for me from scratch with no issues. And here I am, with my shiny, new, fully working ID. My advice to anyone getting the “email not recognized” error when they try to create an ID: Don’t create an ID for the forum and don’t call 800-937-8997; just call 844-275-9310 and have them create an ID for you.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Your modem is assigned a TMO cell number, as it can send/receive text messages on their network.

Should already be assigned to your account, and should have been sent to you in one of their welcome emails when it all got set up.  May want to look in your Spam or Junk folders just in case it got filtered.

Mine was noted fairly prominently in my "Your account has been activated" email notice.

To my surprise, opening a ticket worked, albeit in a somewhat circuitous way. Basically, T-Mobile handled my ticket by deleting the ID that I created for the forum when I was trying to find a workaround for my email not being recognized when I tried to create an ID other ways. So, when I called today to check on the status of my ticket, the person who answered was able to quickly set up a new ID for me from scratch with no issues. And here I am, with my shiny, new, fully working ID. My advice to anyone getting the “email not recognized” error when you try to create an ID: Don’t create an ID for the forum and don’t call 800-937-8997. Call 844-275-9310 right off the bat and have them create an ID for you.

Your modem is assigned a TMO cell number, as it can send/receive text messages on their network.

Should already be assigned to your account, and should have been sent to you in one of their welcome emails when it all got set up.  May want to look in your Spam or Junk folders just in case it got filtered.

Mine was noted fairly prominently in my "Your account has been activated" email notice.

The issue, at least in my case, was not being unaware that the modem is assigned a cell number. The issue was hitting an error message even after putting that number in. As mentioned above, I resolved my issue, but it wasn’t as easy as just checking a spam filter.

I called 844 275-9310 today - 3/6/2022 - after days of frustration with the T-Mobile ID creation issue.  The TMO rep was able to look up my account and verified me.  She was then able to add my e-mail to my account (the one I used at the TMO store to activate my account).  I was then able to finally create my T-Mobile ID.  The 844-275-9310 TMO number is specific to their home internet service.  Please give this a try - I share your frustrations as I was almost ready to give up.