Badge

5G gateway won`t connect to my Cannon 452 printer

icon

Best answer by bukover 27 July 2022, 00:20

View original

20 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

My printer was fine, however my Chamberlin Q opener would not connect.  The reason is some of our devices see the T-Mobile Gateway as a cell phone.  

You will need to add a router like this one.  Just plug it in the back and you are set.

https://www.amazon.com/Dynalink-DL-WRX36-8-Stream-Wireless-3-6Gbps/dp/B096K9SVCT/ref=asc_df_B096K9SVCT/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=545942253969&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=970509905032439708&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9027759&hvtargid=pla-1430649047729&psc=1

Give it the name and password you used before you hooker up the T-Mobile 5G.  My devices work perfectly now.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

5G gateway won`t connect to my Cannon 452 printer

Your MX452 printer is probably not WiFi-6 compatible.  It appears it needs 802.11b/g or n,  and/or WPA2.

If you have the Nokia gateway, you can modify your settings to allow non-WiFi6 connectivity by trying one of the following:

• Activating and renaming the SSID of one of the 2.4GHz channels so that it is not name shared (basically allowing non-WiFi6 access)
  • Lowering the 2.4GHz transmission mode to an older standard (example, ax/g to n/g)
  • Lowering the encryption (WPA) to an older standard (example, WPA3 to WPA2)

I ran into the same issue with my Canon image class MF232w.  I had to go to the SSID settings in the printer and enter my Gateway router password manually on the printer.  Connected immediately. 

My canon MX 490 won’t connect to my internet. I am told be T-Mobile that it is because the 5g bull. 
I have tried everything they suggested. Pissed

Toggle through your printer interface screen and see if there is a place to manually enter an “SSID” password (same as your 5G router password).  I had to mess with my printer for almost an hour before figuring it out.  

I’m having difficulty with my Canon MG3620 printer also. The problem with this model is that does not have a screen display, so I can only connect by using the app. Usually, to set up, the printer will broadcast its own wifi (which I then connect my phone to) and finish set up through the app. 

However, the printer’s wifi can’t seem to get up and running. I have the new, gray TMobile gateway and there are no setting options to change the SSID or transmission mode.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

I have the new, gray TMobile gateway and there are no setting options to change the SSID or transmission mode.

If you have the GRAY Nokia gateway, those settings can be changed.

Or, are you saying you have the BLACK Arcadyan gateway?

I have the black KVD21.

You will need to add a router like this one.  Just plug it in the back and you are set.

https://www.amazon.com/Dynalink-DL-WRX36-8-Stream-Wireless-3-6Gbps/dp/B096K9SVCT/ref=asc_df_B096K9SVCT/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=545942253969&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=970509905032439708&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9027759&hvtargid=pla-1430649047729&psc=1

Give it the name and password you used before you hooker up the T-Mobile 5G.  My devices work perfectly now.

my new 5G Gateway Arcadia (black) has good service, and will “connect” but won’t actually load content to any device. Plugged in my 6+ year old router to the Arcadian but and no luck with loading apps/internet pages. Should I buy a new router? 

I am facing two issues

1 I’m having difficulty with my Canon MG3620 printer also. The problem with this model is that it does not have a screen display, so I can only connect by using the app. Usually, to set up, the printer will broadcast its own wifi (mini militia apk) and finish set up through the app. However, the printer’s wifi can’t seem to get up and running. I have the new, gray TMobile gateway and there are no setting options to change the SSID or transmission mode.

2 5G gateway won`t connect to my Cannon 452 printer

I ended up buying a cheap router from Amazon to test. It's tplink brand or something. $25 if anyone wants the exact one let me know but you'd probably be better off with a mid/higher priced router. It was incredibly easy, I just plugged the ethernet port into the back of the kdv21. You can hook up any of the devices that you don't need to print from to the regular tmoble modem of you prefer and whatever you use to print hook up through the router but it doesn't matter you can hook everything up through the router. I would recommend Linksys or another reputable brand, I've had two Netgear combo modem routers (cheap and very expensive) and their customer service stinks.

Userlevel 1

This will work for any older 2.4GHz device.  Worked for our cameras and lights and printers.  In “Network”  you can add another network by pressing the magenta +, give the new network a unique name, change the  frequency  to 2.4 only and the protocol to WPA2, leave the rest as is.  Let the router update then search on your device for the new 2.4 network. 

Thank u bukover! I have an older printer. I couldn’t figure out why it would not connect to wifi sometimes. I did exactly what you said and it worked! Thanks again!

Thank you bukover and anabanana!  Your advice worked perfectly. My HP printer is now operational thanks to your tips. I had spent over an hour on the phone with T-Mobile support trying to get my printer to connect to the wireless network. The support team were very nice and tried everything but unfortunately it did not resolve the problem.  I realized that because my printer is an older model, it will only work on a 2.4Ghz frequency.  Thank you again!

Bukover has the literal only solution to this! Finally, after four hours of pulling my hair out! Thank you!!!!

follow Bukover’s advice!! It worked!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

The Cannon 452 should work on a separate 2.4 GHz SSID. Either add an additional SSID on the 2.4 GHZ radio or separate the current one and change the name/SSID to reflect the difference. 

Built-in wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11b/g/n)

If you don’t like that solution or have issues with it add another router or an extender. The 803.11ax of these gateways doesn’t play well with the older tech. Some might argue the older printers do not play nice with the newer 802.11ax. It is still the same problem. Compatibility 

Bukover rules!!!  My HP Office Jet 4630 now prints on the new 2.4Ghz frequency network I set up. Just tap the plus sign (+) on the T-Mobile Internet app “Manage your Wi-Fi networks” page to set up the second network.

Ran into the same issue. Printer wouldn’t connect.. created the new network at 2.4… but now the question is… can I only print if my device is connected to the 2.4 network? I can’t print from the faster original network can I?

This works! Just to clarify:

From the T-Mobile Internet app, choose NETWORK at the bottom.

This takes you to the “Manage your Wi-Fi networks” page. Click on the plus sign at the bottom.

This takes you to “Update network.” Under Wi-Fi network name (SSID)” write the name of a new network (your choice).

Next line, set a password.

Under “Frequency band” choose “2.4 GHz”;

under “WPA Version” choose “WPA/WPA2”. 

This will automatically set the next box “WPA Encryption Mode” to TKIP & AES. That’s fine. Don’t change it.

Click SAVE.

That does it. Hopefully it will work as well for you as for me.