Solved

Really bad Home Internet- Anyone who can help on how to return?

Userlevel 1
Badge
  • Helper Level 1
  • 1 reply

Hi

I just got scammed to buy Home Internet which doesnt work. Have been trying to return it for two days. There is no way I can send a mail. Chat people direct me to a phone number. Its the same phone number which says they will call back in 15 min and never call back. When I call the number, they keep me on hold for two hours and then disconnect. WHen I ask chat person to transfer, they transfer to a team whcih says they dont cancel and promise to again transfer. It never happens

icon

Best answer by DSS 5 June 2021, 23:57

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

My basic issue is that I dont get more than 40 MBPS. And why would I change if my current provider gives 100 MBPS. I realize that I am not alone. Here is another thread on the issue 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I just got the modem today from my local store. The modem reports, “signal strength is poor,” but the WiFi download speed is over 200Mbps, while the upload speed is truly awful at about 3Mbps.

Badge

I Win…. at SLOWEST Internet Speed »  .7    Yes that is POINT Seven Down speed!  June 18 2020!  PLUS TMobile Home Internet has been “COMPLETLY OUT” since 1 am last night……  18 hours AGO!

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I returned my equipment the very next day to the local T-Mobile store and got a receipt showing the return. That still didn’t stop T-Mobile from trying to charge me $50 for one day of abysmal service. Anyone reading this, I recommend opting out of T-Mobile’s binding dispute arbitration here: https://www.t-mobiledisputeresolution.com/en/TMobile

Badge

T-Mobile is horrible on service. 

Ordered home internet and the modem is only delivering 20 mb of download speeds. 

This was last Monday. 

Two nights straight I spent 2 hours on hold and finally gave up. 

On Tuesday morning I spoke with a Manager by the name of Carlos after their  CSR told me 3 times that he had my back only trying to end the call by asking me if I wanted to send the modem back and keep Cox. Carlos promised a callback on Thursday evening at 6pm which never came. 

I called corporate on Friday morning and the first time I got thru after a long wait someone picked up then hung up immediately. 

On the second call the secretary told me that she would put me thru to the presidents office only to transfer me back to the main queue. 

I have given up and will keep my cox cable. 

I was cajoled into trying one, with promises of easy return. T-mobile has really bad signal at my house but I was hoping that 5G might be better. It wasn’t. The only way it worked is if the T-mobile personal cell spot (or whatever) was connected to my Spectrum internet. That way I could tell that it worked and could provide signal to phones etc. Without that, forget it. 2.6 Mbps down, 0.03 up. The other day Spectrum went down and I tried it again. It was not perceivably better than nothing.

So I call 611 to get a return label. I’ve accumulated a couple of hours on hold. You are promised an expert, and everyone claims to be an expert, but they cannot help at all. You need to be passed to a Technical Expert in the Home Internet department, for a shipping label. They transfer you, but no one answers or returns calls. Eventually I was told the queue is 3 to 4 hours. 

That tells you there are massive problems with this product.

If I only had a signal, I might have liked it. It has several SSIDs, maybe a Guest network, and separate (if you want) 2.4 and 5 GHz, none of which I get from the Spectrum equipment.

But the terrible support, even before I wanted to return it, really makes me re-think T-Mobile.

Badge

Yep.

I feel for you.

4 promises of callbacks and nothing.

Today Im sending back.

Userlevel 1

My situation is a little different. My servie started out good. After a few months I can only get decent service in the morning. After 12 noon  it workds intermitently. The last rep said there was nothing they could do and was ready to cancel my account. I had to  stop him because I need internet service. I'm retired and it's my only connetion. I can't afford to go back to cable, so I guess I only have internet  four hours a day, sort of like third world style.

We use to have 130  on downloads. Back in April of 2022 our download speeds now are .5 to maybe 3. WHAT can a person do? They have said it’ll be fixed in 48 hrs. Still not fixed. I’ve be on the phone with tech support for over 80 hours, at least 1.5 hours each call. 

Badge

Yes Las Vegas last 5 days terrible service or not at all