Solved

Repeated Failure of Service - What is the T-Mobile Home Internet uptime SLA?

• 21 April 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge

What is the official T-Mobile Home Internet uptime SLA? 

I have been experiencing daily internet disconnects and disruptions to service, 10+ times between 9a-5p work hours when needing to work from home, and then multiple times through the evening as well.  I have spent literal days’ worth of my time repeatedly troubleshooting this with support, have had multiple tickets created, have asked repeatedly to have this issue escalated and resolved.  Nothing has happened.

This is a complete failure of service, and I would like to know what official steps of escalation and resolution are available because, whatever the SLA is for Home Internet, T-Mobile is not meeting that SLA.

icon

Best answer by Steve 23 April 2021, 03:38

Have you thought about filing a complaint with the FCC?

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us

View original

6 replies

Badge

I believe with most residential services there is little if any SLA.  Usually SLAs are only available to business customers. We're only paying 60 a month and I think tmo stance is if it doesn't work send it back. Unlike other services there is no equipment purchase or cancelation fee.  I think we are all beta testing a service in its infancy though.  

Badge

I believe with most residential services there is little if any SLA.  Usually SLAs are only available to business customers. We're only paying 60 a month and I think tmo stance is if it doesn't work send it back. Unlike other services there is no equipment purchase or cancelation fee.  I think we are all beta testing a service in its infancy though.  

They aren’t selling the service and product as a BETA - they are marketing it as a full-fledged internet service.  Most service providers worth their salt will provide consumer level SLAs.  It doesn’t matter what they are charging for it.  Bottom line is they are selling this as a fully working home internet service, but it is not ready for prime time and it isn’t a fully functioning internet solution.

Too many people are making excuses for T-Mobile.  They either need to slap a BETA label on it and be honest and transparent about the state of their service and product, or they need to start handing out monthly customer credits like candy, because right now their Public Release service and product is a major failure.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Badge

They aren’t selling the service and product as a BETA - they are marketing it as a full-fledged internet service.  Most service providers worth their salt will provide consumer level SLAs.  It doesn’t matter what they are charging for it.  Bottom line is they are selling this as a fully working home internet service, but it is not ready for prime time and it isn’t a fully functioning internet solution.

Too many people are making excuses for T-Mobile.  They either need to slap a BETA label on it and be honest and transparent about the state of their service and product, or they need to start handing out monthly customer credits like candy, because right now their Public Release service and product is a major failure.

It actually used to have beta in the title till a month or so ago. I think we officially went out of beta sometime in April. Maybe you should just get a different service since obviously this isn’t working for you. 

Badge

It actually used to have beta in the title till a month or so ago. I think we officially went out of beta sometime in April. Maybe you should just get a different service since obviously this isn’t working for you. 

Or maybe people should stop making excuses for T-Mobile, and T-Mobile should actually get out and fix these problems since this is no longer in Beta.

Badge

I hadn’t before, but I have now.  Thank you for the suggestion!