Question

Restart router daily?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

For my t-mobile home internet, I have to restart the router daily otherwise I drag down from 80+ mbps to something like 20mbps. Are better routers coming out? Am I the only one this is happening to? 

I have called support before on this and they just have me reboot or reset the router but it eventually comes back. 

I tried an Alexa plug but it needs internet to start back up. Doh!

34 replies

Badge

I am having the same issue from where it drops down to 45 from 331 10 minutes after unplugging and plugging the gateway back in called tech support multiplies tickets all they said wait to the network is upgraded I filed a complaint with the FCC t mobile executive team said wait to wait to the network is upgraded and they are not going to upgrade my area anytime soon. 331 down to 41 down after 10 minutes restarting the gateway is a big drop. When I call support, they say everything is fine but it's not. I called so much I got a phone call from someone you have called us more then 30 times this month. This issue was on the Nokia trash can modem. and it's on the Arcadyan  modem. I don’t have the Nokia trash can so i don’t know if it has this issue.  

Userlevel 1

As others have stated multiple resets in a day sometimes not for a couple of days this doesn’t resolve the internal problem of the modem router but it will certainly make your life a lot easier.

I purchased a keep assist which was easy to set up I changed  the advanced settings to reboot the power in one minute when it deciphers there’s no longer an Internet connection it works like a champ you still may lose your Internet but you don’t have to get up and reset it you can just do whatever for 60 seconds 

Starting with the T-Mobile Home Internet troubleshooting is a good place to start for helpful steps with this issue. I’d give that a shot to see if those steps help.

This is very disappointing.  I got mine a few months ago and have been having this issue. I even have the new modem. This has been a problem before the modem/router was even out. 

Then the only response from Tmobile is some generic IT from some minimum wage worker who knows nothing about networking. 

If they dont want to pay to engineer a proper fix, then it very easy to fix with software. Just add an auto restart time to the app.

I dont think i will be staying with Tmobile after i move. 

I'm having similar issues and a fairly new comer to tmho. I'm seeing speeds drop from apx 50-70 to 10 or less. I have the newer arcadian modem with the external antenna mod. Has TM crafted a fix?

I have a brand new FAST5688W 5G Gateway, I spent an hour and a half with support, so far today the modem has turned itself off 7 times and back on, this thing is not even 25 hrs old, this is crazy. Does this happen to everyone? How are you supposed to work if it keeps turning itself off? Do I need a new gateway?

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

This works great for me, It's easy to setup

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G9RK4VV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

I have a brand new FAST5688W 5G Gateway, I spent an hour and a half with support, so far today the modem has turned itself off 7 times and back on, this thing is not even 25 hrs old, this is crazy. Does this happen to everyone? How are you supposed to work if it keeps turning itself off? Do I need a new gateway?

Could be the power supply.  If you have a phone charger with the same specs, you could try substituting and see if it helps.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/public-files/attachments/hint-gateway/Sagemcom%205G%20Gateway%20User%20Guide_English.pdf

The USB Type-C power cable must be capable of supporting 100–240V (volts) AC adapter 50–60Hz frequency and 2.5A of current at DC 15V.

For my t-mobile home internet, I have to restart the router daily otherwise I drag down from 80+ mbps to something like 20mbps. Are better routers coming out? Am I the only one this is happening to? 

I have called support before on this and they just have me reboot or reset the router but it eventually comes back. 

I tried an Alexa plug but it needs internet to start back up. Doh!

Exactly. 

Unless you have it on a timer. You need to set an IOT plug to reset it on a timer.

I have the same issue but instead of me calling T-Mobile Support, I just keep doing the Gateway Placement and for the most part it's working but I don't know for how long