Question

Ring Doorbell pro

• 25 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge

I’ve tried many times but it failed to connect my Ring Doorbell Pro to T mobile 5G home.  Please let me know if anybody knows how to fix it?

4 replies

Badge

I had to press Reset on the Ring Doorbell, essentially installing it as brand new.  No problem ever since.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I’ve tried many times but it failed to connect my Ring Doorbell Pro to T mobile 5G home.  Please let me know if anybody knows how to fix it?

T-Mobile appears not to have an answer:

I have a few devices that will not connect to the 5G gateway WiFi6 protocol.  My solution to getting these devices connected follows:

http://192.168.12.1

Network → WiFi-Networks → 2.4GHz → Transmission Mode = n/g

Badge

What is n/g? I called T-Mobile and they had me change the name of 2.4 and then when connecting doorbell I choose the x2.4 Wi-Fi option and mine worked.

Userlevel 1

The issue is with Ring doorbells, not T-Mobile. So some T-Mobile support may know the problem, and others won’t (but this is something that should be put into the T-Mo knowledge base by those who do know). Ring doorbells don’t work with wifi 6 (802.11ax). So you need to get the doorbells to connect using one of the other versions of WiFi.  The two methods described above allow the doorbells to connect on a non-wifi 6 band. I connected mine using the method QCATrader did, but Tiff007’s method should work, too.