Question

Ring Doorbell pro

• 25 October 2021
  • 9 replies

Badge

I’ve tried many times but it failed to connect my Ring Doorbell Pro to T mobile 5G home.  Please let me know if anybody knows how to fix it?

9 replies

I had trouble connecting to a 2nd generation Ring even after separating 2.4 and 5g. Ended up rebooting the ring (held orange and front button together… may have just been the front button that accomplished this). Either way, after the reboot it connected to the 2.4g the first try.

My hard wire ring doorbell did not recognize my T Mobile router. So now does anyone have any ideas to resolve this problem. I will appreciate 

Thanks - I reset the Gateway and it eventually worked! Appreciate your input

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I have spent about 5 hours today trying to set up a Ring Pro 2 doorbell to my T- Mobile 5G Internet Gateway. The Ring device keeps telling me I have no internet connection - which of course I do. On elevating the issue with Ring technical support, they believe that T-Mobile is blocking the port which Ring uses because of the small print in the T-Mobile Terms and Conditions which says that their service may not be used for “applications which are designed for unattended use, automatic data feeds, automated machine-to-machine connections” which would seem to cover things like Ring and any other continuous home video monitoring. If this is the case I will have to cancel my T-Mobile internet service and go back to plain old cable. But I think T-Mobile (and Ring for that matter) should tell customers upfront that the two are incompatible

I don’t think this is right, I have my house security system, 3 cameras and my garage opener all on TMO gateway, no problem. Have you try resetting it like someone said above.?

I have spent about 5 hours today trying to set up a Ring Pro 2 doorbell to my T- Mobile 5G Internet Gateway. The Ring device keeps telling me I have no internet connection - which of course I do. On elevating the issue with Ring technical support, they believe that T-Mobile is blocking the port which Ring uses because of the small print in the T-Mobile Terms and Conditions which says that their service may not be used for “applications which are designed for unattended use, automatic data feeds, automated machine-to-machine connections” which would seem to cover things like Ring and any other continuous home video monitoring. If this is the case I will have to cancel my T-Mobile internet service and go back to plain old cable. But I think T-Mobile (and Ring for that matter) should tell customers upfront that the two are incompatible

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

The issue is with Ring doorbells, not T-Mobile. So some T-Mobile support may know the problem, and others won’t (but this is something that should be put into the T-Mo knowledge base by those who do know). Ring doorbells don’t work with wifi 6 (802.11ax). So you need to get the doorbells to connect using one of the other versions of WiFi.  The two methods described above allow the doorbells to connect on a non-wifi 6 band. I connected mine using the method QCATrader did, but Tiff007’s method should work, too. 

Badge

What is n/g? I called T-Mobile and they had me change the name of 2.4 and then when connecting doorbell I choose the x2.4 Wi-Fi option and mine worked.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

I’ve tried many times but it failed to connect my Ring Doorbell Pro to T mobile 5G home.  Please let me know if anybody knows how to fix it?

T-Mobile appears not to have an answer:

I have a few devices that will not connect to the 5G gateway WiFi6 protocol.  My solution to getting these devices connected follows:

http://192.168.12.1

Network → WiFi-Networks → 2.4GHz → Transmission Mode = n/g

Userlevel 1
Badge

I had to press Reset on the Ring Doorbell, essentially installing it as brand new.  No problem ever since.