Question

Roblox and T-Mobile Home Internet

• 18 April 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge

Hi! So, I have a new issue (started on April 15th). Prior to April 15th, we were able to get into Roblox no problem using our T-Mobile Home Internet. All of a sudden, on the 15th, we can no longer access it. We get an SSL validation error. The weird thing is, we can access it if I use my T-Mobile phone as a wifi Hotspot (using either T-Mobile cell service or the T-Mobile Home Internet service through my phone.) Also, we can access Roblox via T-Mobile Home Internet but only if we use a VPN. 

Anyone have any idea why this would be happening? Were there updates to the T-Mobile Home Internet gateway that caused this?

Any ideas would be fantastic because I am stumped! 

7 replies

We’re now having this exact same issue. Roblox was working fine since we connected about a week ago and not it’s not. Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks!

We are having the EXACT same problem! Please, let me know if you guys have found a fix for this! 

We’re having this issue as well ! Any other online multiplayer game runs just fine, on top of that this issue has come around RECENTLY ! I’ve already had to have a faulty modem replaced, I pay this much a month for THIS?

I’m have the same issue. As soon as I got T-mobile 5g Roblox keeps kicking my son out. Error code 277. But we can play fortnight all day long. I hope someone can help solve what’s going on. I don’t know the min speed Roblox needs and what t-mobile provides on 5g

Roblox says they require 4 to 8 Mbs data. I just ran a test and I am at 60 and 10 Mbs. So plenty of speed which is why nothing else seems to be affected . I did read a forum about possibly installing a VPN. Ugh I haven’t gotten that far but just letting everyone know what I have done so far

My son has been reporting the same issue with being disconnected from Roblox since we changed to T-Mobile Home Internet. When I called T-Mobile support about this issue they told me quite frankly that “T-Mobile Home Internet is not broadband” and that “T-Mobile Home Internet is not suitable for gaming”. The T-Moble representative, unprompted, further informed that “T-Mobile Home Internet is not suitable for working from home” and “T-Mobile Home Internet is not suitable for streaming”. I was then offered to cancel my service and return my equipment with no penalty.

I was quite shocked at how frank T-Mobile support was about the limitations of service and how quickly they offered to cancel service. Personally I think that traffic to Robox servers is being ‘managed’ by T-Mobile, but why fight them if they aren’t interested in supporting these use cases. I was told that T-Mobile is working on a ‘broadband’ offering, but I don’t think they know what broadband means.

I do not think it’s a speed issue, since nothing else is effected including playing Call of Duty or Fortnight. Plus streaming on multiple devices. I believe it has to do with the way Roblox handles the “leased” lines that T-mobile uses