Question

Samsung devices with Home Internet

• 20 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

Does anyone have issues with using wifi over the T-Mobile Home internet with their phones or tablets?... Samsung devices in particular? 

I’m having an issue where I’m connected but not able to use certain apps and streaming is inconsistent (if any). Like youtube for example, I can stream the ads/commercials but I can’t stream the video actual content…it only happens on my Samsung devices, my other devices work fine. But I can use the same Samsung devices elsewhere on another network, and it perfectly fine…..

I’ve done all the troubleshooting there is to do….I think it all started with Samsung device updates...

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

No issues here either.  Just a Samsung phone myself, but my daughter was here last weekend and was able to use her Samsung phone and tablet just fine.

Well, aside from the usual mid day slowdowns and such because of the capacity/backhaul issues here.

I'm a big Samsung user. All TVs in the house, S21 5g phone and 7+ tablet. No issues on any Samsung device. Not sure if that helps, but everything works on my end..

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

You can always check to make sure you’re funning the latest version we have approved for our branded devices on our Android Software Updates. If you’re phone isn’t listed, you can search for the specific phone on our support page and find the latest version we support. As for the internet, I’d run a speed test  on the Samsung device’s having the issue. You may to test this while directly connected to the T-Mobile network if possible. You’ll also want to be mindful of how many devices you have connected. If possible, I’d try testing with 1 or just a few devices connected at a time to see if that makes a difference with the loading.